How To Uninstall Cortana
Cortana is included in Windows 10 as an inbuilt app that can’t be completely removed and it is far better than siri. Moreover, it is a beta version, so it can keep some bugs and flaws. Therefore not every user finds Cortana useful.
It is danger to uninstall Cortana completely, we advise you just to disable it, but not to remove it totally.
This article will show you how to disable and uninstall Cortana completely.
Disable & uninstall Cortana
The first way to get rid of Cortana is just to disable it. Here we have two options, depending on the OS version installed on your PC.
Option 1. Windows 10 Home. If you have Windows 10 Home on your PC, you will need to use the Windows registry. But be careful working with it!
- Click Start and enter regedit in the search line. Select the Registry Editor from the list, then click on Run as Administrator option.
- search Microsoft directory, and then unfold it and find Windows directory in it. Its path looks loke: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\.
- Then right-click the Windows directory and select New > Key, and immediately name it Windows Search.
- Here, right-click anywhere and select New > DWORD, and then name it AllowCortana.
- Make sure that it’s set to 0 by clicking on This File > Modify.
- Restart your computer.
Option 2. Windows 10 Pro. If you’re a user of Windows 10 Pro, you don’t need to create the files in the registry manually. To disable Cortana, follow the next steps:
- Go to Start, enter gpedit.msc in the search box to open the Group Policy Editor.
- Now Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search.
- Here just Double-click the file named Allow Cortana. When you see file window, click Disable.
Following these steps you will not completely stop Cortana’s process. It will remain active when you open the Task Manager. It means you have just disabled Cortana to perform its main functionality. If you hold a mouse point over the Cortana process, you will see the following message: This UWP process group is suspending processes to improve system performance.
- Available on 35 languages
- Remove unwanted updates
- File Shredder
Advanced system care:
- Removes registry entries
- Cleans leftovers & logs
- Fixes system issues
Uninstall Cortana via PowerShell
It is very convenient to uninstall almost all the software by using special uninstallers. Unfortunately, you cannot uninstall Cortana with any uninstaller. Dont worry ,still there is a way to uninstall Cortana, so its process will be removed. If you follow these below steps you will not able to find Cortana’s process when you open the Task Manager.
- Click on the Start menu and enter PowerShell in the search box. Choose Windows PowerShell app, then click Run as Administrator.
- In the open window you need to bring up a list of all active apps. First input the Get-AppxPackage >Select Name>PackageFullName command, and then press Enter. in order to make the list reading more convenient.
Copy PackageFullName value of Cortana and run the following command: Get-AppxPackage PackageFullName | Remove-AppxPackage (replace PackageFullName with the copied information).
Have Any Doubts or Not able to resolve the issue. Please Comment your queries in comments below and we will solve your issues. Also if you found any other way to resolve issue please comment below