Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty....
WereBo
post Apr 14 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Globally Moderate Village Idiot....

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 794
OS: Win-7 (64bit), WinXP Pro SP3, Linux Mint v.16 (Cinnamon) (Triple-boot)
Processor: AMD X2 6000+
Video Card: GEForce GTS 250 (1Gb DDR3)
RAM: 8Gb DDR2 800Mhz

The novel saved by a police forensic team

When Trish Vickers lost her sight, she decided to make use of her vivid imagination by painstakingly writing a book in longhand.

But after hours of hard work and careful thought, she was left devastated when she was told that 26 pages were blank because her pen had run out of ink.

The 59-year-old mother feared that the manuscript was lost but the generosity of her local police force meant that it was gradually recovered using forensic technology.

Miss Vickers said she was "gobsmacked" when Dorset police officers agreed to help by sacrificing their lunch hours over five months to study the indents made by her pen.

"I could remember the gist of what I had written but there was no way I could have written exactly the same way again," she said. "I am so grateful. It was really nice of them and I want to thank them for helping me out."

Miss Vickers, from Charmouth, near Lyme Regis, lost her sight seven years ago through diabetes and turned to her imagination for solace.

Source

What a wonderful bunch of guys! - They've certainly racked up some good Karma with that

IPB

What part of 'Woof' don't you understand?

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
jan
post Apr 15 2012, 07:58 AM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Processor: Dual 2.66G Intel
Video Card: 8800 GT
RAM: 3G DDR2

Absolutely. For once the coppers committed a random act of usefulness. toast.gif

IPB

Repeal dont ask, dont drill ...

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:13 PM