IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Disable Unnecessary Drivers And Services Windows 7, to improve performance and speed
Gorilla no baka
post Apr 21 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Artiste GORILLA - The Last of The Insomniac Tweakers

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2396
OS: Linux PUPPY 215CE ,Slimmed down Win XP Pro (131 MB) Mac OS X 10.5.2 on my PC Laptop
Processor: Intel Celeron M 1200 MHz
Video Card: GORILLA - ATI Mobility Radeon 9100 IGP
RAM: ONLY 223 :)

Right ..this is gonna be a long post so please bear with me..

Turning off unnecessary services in Windows 7 can greatly reduce your exploit risk, while improving system performance.

The first rule is "If you don't know you need it, you probably don't."

Unnecessary services don't just subject you to security risk. They also slow down the operation of your computer. You can disable most of them from the registry!

In case you do not understend what "Start"=dword:00000004 /"Start"=dword:00000000 /"Start"=dword:00000001 means check this link..Microsoft is beeing quite helpful...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/103000

One of the most time-consuming portions of the boot is loading all the hardware drivers for your specific system setup.
Every driver for each installed hardware device must be loaded and then initialized by the operating system while the system is starting up. Keep in mind that your computer has a lot of devices that you do not always use. When Windows has to load all the extra hardware on your computer, its performance is slowed down.
Although Windows 7 is more intelligent than previous versions on how it loads drivers and devices, loading those devices and initializing them still takes time. In previous versions of Windows, the system would load one hardware device driver and then load another device driver in a series. The problem with loading the hardware this way was that it could slow down the boot dramatically if one hardware device was taking a long time to initialize.

I exported the whole service keys from the registry (Almost 4 MB of text ) and I am going manually trough each and every entry disabling and rebooting afterwards..I started with letter "W" working my way up to letter "A"

What really slowed me down is that there is almost NO informations on what some of the drivers or services are exactly doing and how..
I wish microsoft would be decent enough to publish more information on their own services and drivers .We dont even know what half of them are for.

So i am forced to go the hard way...Disable it and wait to see if it crashes (5 BSOD`s so far)
I just found that the new Win 7 "Start up Repair" is a work of art...

Every time when my computer will crash because i would disable a system boot driver like "Wdf01000" the Start up Repair in 5 minutes would fix my instalation..

What makes it even more amazing is the fact that I never make a system restore back up or something as everytime almost all my services would be disabled with a master .reg file..Even though i only have 10 services running (only the bare essentials ) Win 7 "Start up Repair would do his job..I dare to say that a normal computer that is running Win 7 can not be broken anymore..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WwanSvc]

"Start"=dword:00000004

Info about:

http://www.win7dll.info/wwansvc_dll.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wudfsvc]

more info :

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/wdf/wdf-intro.mspx

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WUDFRd]

Wudfrd.sys is the windows driver foundation service.I could not find any infos on what is he doing exactly but i disabled it and no problems.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WudfPf]

"DisplayName"="User Mode Driver Frameworks Platform Driver"

WudfPf Provide communciation services for UMDF components.

http://bink.nu/news/microsoft-has-released-user-mode-driver-framework-umdf-beta-for-windows-xp-sp2.aspx

I could not find any infos on what is he doing exactly but i disabled it and no problems.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WmiAcpi]

http://www.faultwire.com/file_detail/wmiacpi.sys*36842.html

"DisplayName"="Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI"
This is the Microsoft Windows Management Interface for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) driver.

I set it to disabled it to see what`s gonna happen..and there`s no visibile effects so far..I can still use the power options in the control panel

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Winsock]

"Start"=dword:00000003

WINSOCK.DLL is a dynamic-link library that provides a common application programming interface (API) for developers of network applications that use the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack.

more...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/122928

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount]

WimMount: A little tool to mount wim images. ... WimMount can mount and unmount a wim image. It is very easy to handle - selfexplaining

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WfpLwf]

"Start"=dword:00000001

"DisplayName"="WFP Lightweight Filter"

WFP NDIS 6.20 Lightweight Filter Driver

"Start"=dword:00000001 give us a clues...it tells us that this represents a driver to be loaded at Kernel initialization.

I could not find any infos on what is he doing exactly but when i disabled it I could not get on internet nor with IE Skype or Yahoo..

Ping Tracert.won`t work also..It seems that has something to do with the network connection.

I ran windows network diagnostic and it could not solve the problem either.I turned it back on "Start"=dword:00000001 and it worked like a charm.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WdiServiceHost]

Not allowed to change or delete the value in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WdiSystemHost]

Not allowed to change or delete the value in the registry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wdf01000]

"DisplayName"="Kernel Mode Driver Frameworks service"

"Start"=dword:00000000

the value 0x0 tells us that represents a part of the driver stack for the boot (startup) volume and must therefore be loaded by the Boot Loader.

According to Wikipedia the Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) is a driver framework developed by Microsoft as a tool to aid driver developers create and maintain Kernel mode device drivers for Windows 2000HYPERLINK \l "cite_note-win2k-0"[1] and later releases. It is one of the frameworks included in the Windows Driver Foundation. The current version is 1.9.

I tried to switch it on "Start"=dword:00000004 to see what`s gonna happen..

On reboot i got a BSOD.. I ran start up repair and although at the moment when the computer crashed i only had 14 services on it still repaired it...Amazing..

Conclusion..? it stays on "Start"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wd]

Driver for Western Digital...I do not have any of these toys so i set it on disabled.

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/company/index2.asp?language=en

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wanarpv6]

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:F3UbAFrT7roJ:www.faultwire.com/file_detail/wanarp.sys*67016.html+wanarp+windows+7&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Related with Wanarp.sys driver which is related to the MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver.Sounds souspicious so i just set it on "Start"=dword:00000004

No problems on reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WANARP]

Wanarp.sys driver

I just set it on "Start"=dword:00000004

No probs on restart.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vwifibus]

Intel Wireless LAN Driver

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vsmraid]

"Group"="SCSI Miniport"

No informations...I set it on 4

Volume Shadow Copy Driver

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\volsnap]

"DisplayName"="Storage volumes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

I set it on 4 to see what`s gonna happen..Got a BSOD....On reboot i got a BSOD.. I ran start up repair and although at the moment when the computer crashed i only had 14 services on it still repaired it...Amazing..

Conclusion..? it stays on "Start"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\volmgr]

"DisplayName"="Volume Manager Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\volmgrx]

Both of them has something to do with Volume Management..I decided to let`em on "Start"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VMBusHID]

Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Input Device Miniport:
Provider: Microsoft Corporation
File version: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Driver files:
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidclass.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidparse.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\VMBusHID.sys

I set it on 4 to see what`s gonna happen.. Looks ok ..no probs so far

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vmbus]

This is the Virtual Machine Bus driver.Apparently needed when runinning virtual machines

http://www.faultwire.com/file_detail/vmbus.sys*67004.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\viaide]

http://www.faultwire.com/file_report/viaide.sys.html

Viaide.sys is the VIA generic PCI IDE bus driver.

(PCI)Peripheral Component Interconnect is an industry-standard bus for cards that are installed into the computer

( IDE ) Integrated Device Electronics is a interface standard for connecting to storage devices such as hard drives. It in now commonly referred to as Parellel ATA or PATA.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ViaC7]

"DisplayName"="VIA C7 Processor Driver"

The new VIA C7® processor is the smallest, lowest power, most efficient and most secure native x86 processor in the world. Built on the advanced VIA CoolStream™ architecture, the 'Esther'core of the VIA C7 processor is designed to extend the digital lifestyle by combining robust performance of up to 2.0GHz with ultra low power consumption and highly efficient heat dissipation.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\viaagp]

"DisplayName"="VIA AGP Bus Filter"

Related with the one above ..I set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vhdmp]

"Group"="SCSI miniport"

Virtual Hard Disk driver...A Virtual Hard Disk allows multiple operating systems to reside on a single host machine. This method enables developers to test software on different operating systems without the cost or hassle of installing a second hard disk or creating a separate partition on a single hard disk. The ability to directly modify a virtual machine's hard disk from a host server supports many applications..

More info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHD_(file_format) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI

I set it on 4 with no probs or whatsoever

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VgaSave]

And

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vga]

VgaSave is designed in Microsoft Windows to load automatically when the default designated video card driver does not work, or if a newly installed video card driver refuses to work.

VgaSave is enabled by default and should not be disabled. If you disable it and reboot, there is a strong chance the system may not boot, since during boot-time it is used as a fail-safe. The driver consists of two files, VGA.DLL and VGA.SYS.

I let them be..but i am pretty sure that onceyou have your video card driver in place you can disable VgaSave...I do not have it so i let it on..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vdrvroot]

"DisplayName"="Microsoft Virtual Drive Enumerator Driver"

Vdrvroot.sys - Root virtual drive enumerator..I set it on 4 to see what`s gonna happen with no probs or whatsoever

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\usbprint]

"DisplayName"="Microsoft USB PRINTER Class"

a general kernel-mode USB print driver, Usbprint.sys, which works with the system-supplied port monitor Usbmon.dll to provide end-to-end connectivity between USB printers and high-level printer drivers. Together these components make up the Microsoft USB printing solution.

I do not use a printer so i disabled it..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\usbcir]

"DisplayName"="eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)"

Apparently it deals with IR devices connectivity..I do not use infrared so i disabled it..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\UmPass]

"DisplayName"="Microsoft UMPass Driver"

This is the Microsoft Universal Machine Pass-Through (UMPass) driver.More info here.
http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/doc/Player-manual-1.5-html/node94.html

Not sure what`s the deal with it so i will just disable it ,,,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\umbus]

Related with the one above...

I disabled it..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\uliagpkx]

"DisplayName"="Uli AGP Bus Filter"

This is the Uli Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) Bus Filter driver. ULi AGPv3.0 Filter for K8/9 Processor Platforms..

I do not have one of them so once again i disabled it.On reboot no problems or whatsoever

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\uagp35]

"DisplayName"="Microsoft AGPv3.5 Filter"

Universal Accelerated Graphics Port http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/uagp.mspx

Could not find too much information about it..I decided to set it on 4 to see what`s gonna happen..No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tunnel]

"DisplayName"="Microsoft Tunnel Miniport Adapter Driver"

"Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter (comes with Microsoft Windows 2003 .Net Server and later version), a network driver that provides a tunnel with a File API interface, through which a user-mode Windows application or service can interact with the network stack as if the application were a network interface."
Interesting...!I will set it on disabled...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tssecsrv]

This is the Terminal services Security Filter driver.

Filters are optional driver components. They're added to augment a driver's functionality. But fact is

They don't always work. They can become corrupt or filter files go missing

Bad filters can cause driver error codes and/or simply cause the device to not work right!

The existence of filters is "non-obvious". Which is why filter related problems can be easily overlooked

I do not deal with remote connections nor i work as a network admin so i guess i will not need it..I will disable it.No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrustedInstaller]

First, some background on what TrustedInstaller is.

Essentially, TrustedInstaller.exe is this kind of third-party master "administrator" which holds the rights to certain files/applications that the OS deems to be essential. Windows basically gives TrustedInstaller carte blanche to do whatever it wants -- use as much CPU, RAM as it wants. This is because if TrustedInstaller.exe has allowed a certain application (let's call it Program X) to perform a given task, then Windows essentailly "trusts" that Program X is an essential system resource -- because it is running under the purview of TrustedInstaller. (Hence the strange, spyware-esque name of TrustedInstaller.) And since Program X is an "essential" and "trusted" system resource, Windows will make sure to give it all the CPU time it needs.

I found the MSDN blog post found at http://blogs.msdn.com/irenak/archive/2007/01/30/sysk-277-how-to-bring-back-the-trustedinstaller.aspx to be particularly insightful on what TrustedInstaller actually does.

Since I disabled automatic updates, I tried to turn it off because it was sucking up too many resources.I am not allowed to modify the registry value nor to delete it..Normally it can be found in C:\Windows\servicing\ C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe

I was also unable to change the security permissions ...However here is a way around it..I will show you how to remove TrustedInstaller from your system:

Pop in a Puppy/Ubuntu linux live cd mount the partition navigate to C:\Windows\servicing\ C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe and remove the bugger...

I moved the bugger from C:\Windows\servicing\ C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe to C:\Users\Gorilla\Desktop. Just to be on the safe side i decided to keep it on the desktop for a while to see what`s gonna happen..One month later on everything is still Ok ..

No problems on reboot...Everything worked smooth..No probs or whatsoever

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrkWks]

"Start"=dword:00000002

Distributed Link Tracking Client Service

This services state, in normal and safe mode, cannot be modified by a registry patch. You are not allowed to delete the registry key either

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TermDD]

"DisplayName"="Terminal Device Driver"

Terminal Server Drivers and Devices

A driver is a program used by certain devices—such as modems, network adapters, and printers—to communicate with Windows Server 2003. Even if a device is installed on the system, Windows Server 2003 and newer versions can use it only after the corresponding driver has been installed and configured. If a device appears in the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL), Windows Server 2003 usually has the appropriate driver. On start-up of the computer, the device drivers (for all activated devices) are loaded automatically and run invisibly in the background.

Terminal Services clients also have devices, such as the keyboard, mouse, and monitor, that must communicate with the server. Because they are not physically located on the server, they are called virtual devices. These devices are managed via a corresponding terminal device driver.

In concept, the terminal device driver converts command sequences to and from the virtual device into network calls, thus enabling communication with the physical device on the client. This is comparable to the redirector of the file system under Windows Server 2003 when accessing files on the network.

Since i will never use it i set it on 4 .No problems upon reboot or whatsoever

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tdx]

TDI Translation Driver

The name is actually short for Transport Driver Interface. With this type of interfacing, you can set the methods which will be used in communications protocols like sending and receiving data, detecting disconnections, and reading data streams among other functions. As a network administrator, you need to become familiar with this driver interface because it supports most Windows-based transport providers.

Read more: http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Tdi-Driver---Why-Use-It-/1071197

The moment i set it on 4 the network connection failed..I i will let it on 1 ..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TDTCP]

"DisplayName"="TDTCP"

system32\drivers\tdtcp.sys

TCP Transport Driver related with Terminal Services

http://www.faultwire.com/file_report/tdtcp.sys.html

I disabled with no probs..Internet connections is still working and the terminal the same.Like 99% of the people outthere I am not using remote connections from terminal so i will not have any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tcpipreg]

"DisplayName"="TCP/IP Registry Compatibility"

I could not find many informations about it Microsoft says that provides compatibility for legacy applications which interact with TCP/IP through the registry. If this service is stopped, certain applications may have impaired functionality.Seems like i will not need it

I set on 4 with no probs or whatsoever ..The internet is still working

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6]

The driver for (IPv6)

IPv6 is short for "Internet Protocol Version 6". IPv6 is the "next generation" protocol designed by the IETF to replace the current version Internet Protocol, IP Version 4 ("IPv4").

Most of today's internet uses IPv4, which is now nearly twenty years old. IPv4 has been remarkably resilient in spite of its age, but it is beginning to have problems. Most importantly, there is a growing shortage of IPv4 addresses, which are needed by all new machines added to the Internet.

Nevertheless Windows 7 automatically IPv4 to connect me to internet..The moment the whole internet will switch to IPv6 i will enable it as well

If you visit the page bellow it will display the protocol you are curently using..

http://www.ipv6.org/

This way you will know which one you can disable

I will set it on 4 with no probs or whatsoever.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider]

"Class"=dword:00000008

"DnsPriority"=dword:000007d0

"HostsPriority"=dword:000001f4

"LocalPriority"=dword:000001f3

"Name"="TCP/IP"

"NetbtPriority"=dword:000007d1

Lots of tweaks on internet about the one above..I set mine on

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider]
"DnsPriority"=dword:00008000
"HostsPriority"=dword:00008000
"LocalPriority"=dword:00008000
"NetbtPriority"=dword:00008000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\swprv]

The Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) provides the ability to create a point in time image (shadow copy) of one or more volumes that can be used to perform backups. The service is also used during restores of applications. After the VSS service is initialized, VSS requester applications can perform backups and restores in cooperation with VSS writers that manage application data to be backed up and VSS providers that create and manage shadow copies.

I do not need it because I can always pop in a Linux live cd and no matter how worst the crash will be i can always get my files back

I set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\swenum]

"DisplayName"="Software Bus Driver"

The Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator component provides support for device enumeration. This component supplies the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator in the swenum.sys file. This component also supplies the machine.inf file, which is a system-supplied INF (information) file for a standard device.

Sounds like a good one to keep on..However i will set it on disabled to see what`s gonna happen..

I disabled it an i still have sound,the device manager still shows the installed devices and i pluged in 3 different types of USB flash drives that i have never tried on this fresh installation with the windows installer off and they have been recognized without any problems.

The only side effect i can notice is when i try to use the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar before and unplug any of them.I also lost the "Eject " function when you right click on the drive in the left side of the icon..

However the "Eject " function works perfect with the DVD/CD drive..This is ok to disable along with the usb drivers on a computer where you do not want anyone to use USB flashdrives.This will increase the security ...!!! In my case i decided to keep it on..I do use USB flashdrives

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\storvsc]

Storage VSC Driver related with Hyper-V Beta released as part Windows Server 2008. The final release of Hyper-V happened shortly after the Windows Server 2008 release and can be downloaded here. After a few months of supporting customers, we now have enough case data to report on the top issues being reported for Hyper-V. Neded if you intend to work with /When you attempt to create or start a virtual machine..

More info here:
http://blogs.technet.com/askcore/archive/2008/12/23/top-issues-for-microsoft-support-for-windows-server-2008-hyper-v.aspx

I set mine on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\storflt]

Apparently is something related with Hyper-V virtual machines..Not much infos on it..

I set it on 4 with no problems on reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\stexstor]

"Group"="SCSI Storport"

Not much informations about it. I will set it on 4..No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srvnet]

"Group"="Network"

From what i could gather it has something to do with maintaining active the connections for remote clients..

I do not think that i will use this feature so i will just turned it off..No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srv2]

"Group"="Network"

The Microsoft Windows SMB 2 (SRV2.SYS) is vulnerable to a denial of service, possibly resulting in remote code execution, due to improper processing of SMB packets.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Microsoft-Windows-S-M-B-2-quot-SRV2-SYS-quot-Denial-of-Service/m-p/145013

No better reason then that for setting it on 4 (disabled)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srv]

Srv.sys is the file sharing component, also know as SMB.

Security risk ----> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/975497.mspx

The Server Message Block (SMB) Protocol is a network file sharing protocol, and as implemented in Microsoft Windows is known as Microsoft SMB Protocol. The set of message packets that defines a particular version of the protocol is called a dialect. The Common Internet File System (CIFS) Protocol is a dialect of SMB. Both SMB and CIFS are also available on VMS, several versions of Unix, and other operating systems.

Although its main purpose is file sharing, additional Microsoft SMB Protocol functionality includes the following:

Dialect negotiation

Determining other Microsoft SMB Protocol servers on the network, or network browsing

Printing over a network

File, directory, and share access authentication

File and record locking

File and directory change notification

Extended file attribute handling

Unicode support

Opportunistic locks

I will set it on 4..No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\spldr]

"DisplayName"="Security Processor Loader Driver"

I could not find any info on it..

I set on 4 with no problems ...No problems on reboot or whatsoever..
It was not until the watermark *This copy of Windows is not genuine *appeared on my desktop one week later when i realised there`s something wrong...

I went again trough all the drivers and and i was able to isolate this one...
As i said ..there`s nomuch infos on internet about it but it is essential for the stupid `Software Protection` service to run..

Without it You will get `Windows could not start the Software Protection service on the Local Computer ` Error 2: The System cannot find the file specified

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\smwdm]

This is the driver for a audio card, from soundmax SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

I will live it on 3..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Smb]

Not much info about it i will set it on 4 to see what`s gonna happen.No problems on reboot.I will keep it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SiSRaid4]

"Group"="SCSI Miniport"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SiSRaid2]

"Group"="SCSI Miniport"

AHCI Stor-Miniport Driver

Storport is a new storage driver model created by Microsoft for Windows Server 2003 and future Windows® operating systems. Storport offers a higher performance architecture and better Fibre Channel compatibility in Windows systems.

The Storport driver, new to Microsoft Windows Server 2003, delivers greater performance in hardware RAID and storage area network (SAN) environments than the preexisting SCSIport driver was capable of delivering.

I disabled them and i still have sound,the device manager still shows the installed devices and i pluged in 3 different types of USB flash drives that i have never tried on this fresh installation with the windows installer off and they have been recognized without any problems.

The only side effect i can notice is when i try to use the "safely remove hardware" icon in the taskbar before and unplug any of them.I also lost the "Eject " function when you right click on the drive in the left side of the icon..

Of them all only

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SiSRaid4]

Needs to be set on 3 in order to be able to use the "safely remove hardware" function from the task bar

So we can disable

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sisagp]

"DisplayName"="SIS AGP Bus Filter"

Silicon Integrated Systems ("SiS") is the chipset provider for computers, motherboards, VGA cards, network adapters and/ or other electrical devices .

That`s all i could find about it..I am gonna set it in 4 to see what`s gonna happen

No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sfloppy]

"DisplayName"="High-Capacity Floppy Disk Drive"

Pretty self explanatory..I do not think that there are still people out there that are still using Floppy Disks..The only reason i still have it installed is because i have a very old laptop..

Set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffp_sd]

"DisplayName"="SFF Storage Protocol Driver for SDBus"

Sffp_sd.sys - description Small Form Factor SD Protocol Driver.That`s for the SD Card..

If you are not gonna use that it is safe to set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffp_mmc]

"DisplayName"="SFF Storage Protocol Driver for MMC"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MultiMediaCard

If you are not gonna use that it is safe to set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffdisk]

"DisplayName"="SFF Storage Class Driver"

Small Form Factor Disk Driver

Could not find any other infos about it..

I will set it on disable

No probs on reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sermouse]

"DisplayName"="Serial Mouse Driver"

Pretty self explanatory...

I got an USB mouse so i disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Serial]

"DisplayName"="Serial Port Driver"

In computing, a serial port is a serial communication physical interface through which information transfers in or out one bit at a time (contrast parallel port).[1] Throughout most of the history of personal computers, data transfer through serial ports connected the computer to devices such as terminals and various peripherals.

While such interfaces as Ethernet, FireWire, and USB all send data as a serial stream, the term "serial port" usually identifies hardware more or less compliant to the RS-232 standard, intended to interface with a modem or with a similar communication device.

In modern personal computers the serial port has largely been replaced by USB and Firewire for connections to peripheral devices. Many modern personal computers do not have a serial port since this legacy port has been superseded for most uses.

I set mine on 4(Disabled)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Serenum]

"DisplayName"="Serenum Filter Driver"

http://www.osronline.com/ddkx/serial/senumref_3k1e.htm

Serenum is a Plug and Play upper-level device filter driver that enumerates the following device types: Plug and Play serial devices that comply with Plug and Play External COM Device Specification, Version 1.00, February 28, 1995

Pointer devices that comply with legacy mouse detection in Windows NT® 4.0 and earlier versions

I set it on disabled "Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\secdrv]

"DisplayName"="Security Driver"

The driver, secdrv.sys, is used by games which use Macrovision SafeDisc. The driver validates the authenticity of games that are protected with SafeDisc and prohibits unauthorized copies of such games to play on Windows

Once used to be a security risk "Vulnerability in Macrovision SECDRV.SYS Driver on Windows Could Allow Elevation of Privilege" Redmond says they fixed that..

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/944653.mspx

http://www.ipolicynetworks.com/technology/files/Microsoft_Windows_Macrovision_secdrv.sys_driver_buffer_overflow_Vulnerability.ht
l

I am gonna disable it just to be on the safe side..No problems on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sdbus]

"Group"="System Bus Extender"

SecureDigital Bus Driver

Apparently is related with SD card driver

http://guruce.com/blogpost/sdmmcandwindowsce

I will set it on disabled..No probs on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\scfilter]

"Group"="PnP Filter"

an extra driver for Smart card readers

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Development/microsoft.public.development.device.drivers/2009-01/msg00174.html

I do not use smart card so i set it on disabled

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sbp2port]

I could not find any exact info on what i does so i just disabled it.No probs on reboot

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SamSs]

Not allowed to change the value anymore..Used to be able to do that in windows 7 beta

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\s3cap]

"Group"="Video"

Microsoft S3 Emulated Device Cap Driver

http://www.nsbasic.com/ce/info/technotes/TN23.htm

The Microsoft Device Emulator (MDE) can be used to test your application on the desktop without an attached device. The MDE can emulate a variety of devices, from Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition to Windows Mobile 6.5

I am not gonna use it so i am gonna set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RTL8023xp]

"DisplayName"="Realtek 10/100 NIC Family NDIS x86 Driver"

Realtek Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) which includes the following:

Power management, Plug and Play, and hardware instrumentation support through Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).

Mechanisms for off-loading tasks to intelligent hardware and broadcast-media extensions.

Connection-oriented NDIS to support wide area network (WAN) media.

The traffic accepted by the NIC is controlled by an NDIS Miniport Driver while various protocols, such as TCP/IP, are implemented by NDIS Protocol Drivers. A single miniport may be associated with one or more protocols. This means that traffic coming into the miniport may be received in parallel by several protocol drivers. For example, Winpcap adds a second protocol driver on the selected miniport in order to capture incoming packets. Furthermore, it is possible to simulate several virtual NICs by implementing virtual miniport drivers that send and receive traffic from a single physical NIC. One example of virtual miniport drivers usage is to add virtual NICs, each with a different Virtual LAN. Due to the fact that implementations cannot assume in advance whether other drivers received the same buffers, one must treat the incoming buffers as read only. A driver that changes the packet content must allocate its own buffers.

I guess i will set it on 3. You can disable it on a computer where that is not connected to any type of network and your can still reboot and use the OS but you will not be able to connect to the internet anymore

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rspndr]

"DisplayName"="Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder"

Apparently it has something to do with the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder component which is responsabile with quering other devices on the network to determine how the network is organized..

http://www.tim.id.au/blog/2009/02/01/mapping-your-network-with-windows-7/

I am not on any L.A.N so i disabled.."Start"=dword:00000004

No probs on reboot and i still can connect to the internet and use messengers

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper]

According to Blackviper "This service is rather vital. Practically everything depends on this service to be running. This is also one of the few services that you cannot disable via the Services MMC, nor can you change the state with a registry patch."

However I just been into the registry and i was able to change the value manually on "Start"=dword:00000004

On reboot i was not able to log in anymore I was presented with a black screen and a cursor and although i watited for 15 minutes nothing happened..Thekeyboard will not work only the mouse Safe mode will not work either..

The only one that works is "Last Known Good Configuration" which brought back my laptop without messing with any other settings i had previously made in the registry..It just switched the

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcEptMapper] key back on "Start"=dword:00000002..

Now...If you go to registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcSs]

Under the "DependOnService" you will notice that in order for RpcSs to start he needs those two services RpcEptMapper and DcomLaunch.If we could find a way to edit those values out my guess is that the computer will start ..Unfortunately there`s no way we can edit the values in the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcSs] key.

The system will not allow it..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rismxdp]

"DisplayName"="Ricoh xD-Picture Card Driver"

Pretty self explanatory ...is the Flash Memory Card my laptop came shipped with

If you are not gonna use it it is safe to disable "Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rimsptsk]

"Group"="MemoryStick"

Pretty self explanatory ...is the Memory Stick my laptop came shipped with

If you are not gonna use it it is safe to disable "Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdyboost]

"DisplayName"="ReadyBoost"

ReadyBoost is a component of Microsoft Windows, first introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista in 2006 and also included with Windows 7 (2009). It works by using flash memory, a USB flash drive, SD card, CompactFlash, external hard drive or any kind of portable flash mass storage system as a drive for disk cache.ReadyBoost is also used to facilitate SuperFetch, which allows it to perform analysis of boot-time disk usage patterns and creates a cache which is used in subsequent system boots.With Windows ReadyBoost, you can use non-volatile flash memory, such as that on a universal serial bus (USB) flash drive, to improve performance without having to add additional memory "under the hood."The flash memory device serves as an additional memory cache—that is, memory that the computer can access much more quickly than it can access data on the hard drive. Windows ReadyBoost relies on the intelligent memory management of Windows SuperFetch and can significantly improve system responsiveness. It's easy to use Windows ReadyBoost. When a removable memory device such as a USB flash drive or a secure digital (SD) memory card is first inserted into a port, Windows Vista checks to see if its performance is fast enough to work with Windows ReadyBoost. If so, you are asked if you want to use this device to speed up system performance. You can choose to allocate part of a USB drive's memory to speed up performance and use the remainder to store files.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/readyboost.aspx

Interesting feature but I do not think i will ever need it..
Ram memory is far more efficient than a USB flash drive or any other things...

This is a perfect example of a Useles feature..If you have money to buy one of those super fast USB flash drive or a secure digital (SD) memory thingy why not just buying RAM instead??

Unfortunately Microsoft made it mandatory..

If you dare to switch it on "Start"=dword:00000004 you will get the biggest BSOD possibile..I had to do a "start up repair" which deleted all my settings and tweaks i made during one month..

Fortunately i have them all stored in one master .reg file safely saved on a USB flash drive so it`s just a matter of one click...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPWD]

RDPWD..That`s actually quite interesting...

A denial of service vulnerability exists within the Remote Desktop Services which allows for an attacker to send a specially crafted RDP packet in order to crash the remote vulnerable system. This flaw specifically exists within the rdpwd.sys driver file which is used by the Remote Desktop Services. It appears that the problem exists because RDP does not release the memory it is using. The kernel can only use a certain amount of physical memory. So when RDP goes over its memory limit, it causes the crash.

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAlert.x?alertId=9477

I could not find anything about Windows 7 but it does not matter.... I do not use Remote Desktop Services ..So i am goin` to shut it down..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPREFMP]

This is the Reflector Display Driver used to gain access to graphics data driver. It handles the Remote Desktop Protocol Reflector Driver Miniport.

Right looks like is related with the one above..I definately do not need it and i am not gonna use it .Just to be on the safe side i am gonna shut it down

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPDR]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPENCDD]

Apparently they are both related with Remote Desktop Services ..I am gonna set them on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPCDD]

All of them above seems to be related with remote services..I must say..there`s a helluva remote services installed on windows 7 ultimate..and most of them DO not appear in the services.msc..They are burried deep into the registry...

To let terminal services listen on 3389 port properly, the following services or kernel driver needs to be started properly.

Terminal Services

RDPCDD

RDPDR

RDPWD

TDTCP

TermDD

I am gonna disable it as well

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdpbus]

Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus Driver

As i was saying lots of remote crap...I will disable it as well

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdbss]

Rdbss.sys is Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver.It depends on service Multiple UNC Provider (MUP

Few interesting facts....Back in the day MUP was famous for its buffer overflow vulnerability in the Multiple UNC Provider (MUP) driver of
Microsoft Windows systems which would lead to system reboot or unauthorized access of
Local SYSTEM by a local attacker. I never heard about microsoft fixing this vulnerability..

Here have a look see...

http://www.xatrix.org/article.php?s=1351

That reminds me to set mup on 4 as well...But before doing that because Rdbss.sys -Redirected Drive Buffering SubSystem Driver depends on service Multiple UNC Provider (MUP we have to eliminate the built in dependency..

Here is the reg file..

In the worst case scenario if we can not disable rdbss we can at least disable Mup now that we have eliminated the the built in dependency

CODE
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"DisplayName"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\wkssvc.dll,-1000"
  "Group"="Network"
  "ImagePath"=hex(2):73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,44,00,\
    52,00,49,00,56,00,45,00,52,00,53,00,5c,00,72,00,64,00,62,00,73,00,73,00,2e,\
  "Description"="@%systemroot%\\system32\\wkssvc.dll,-1001"
  "ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
  "Tag"=dword:00000004
  "Type"=dword:00000002
  "DependOnService"=hex(7):00,00
  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdbss\Enum]
  "0"="Root\\LEGACY_RDBSS"
  "Count"=dword:00000001
  "NextInstance"=dword:00000001

According with Microsoft The rdbss.sys driver is automatically loaded if any non-monolithic network mini-redirectors are registered on the system. The Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) redirector (mrxsmb sys) is currently the only driver that can be built as a non-monolithic network mini-redirector driver.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff556810(VS.85).aspx

And more here...Well, this is a lot of geek talk..Most of it went right over my head ..I decided to disable it just to see what`s gonna happen.I am not sure if i have any Monolithicor non-monolithic network mini-redirectors registered on my system but i am gonna find out

I was able to turn it off with no problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasSstp]

RASSSTP.SYS is related to RAS SSTP Miniport Call Manager.

Rassstp.sys is the Remote Access Service (RAS) Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol miniport call manager.Apparently it has something to do with remote networks and VNC networks..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasPppoe]

Is part of the Remote Access Connection protocol

By using PPPoE, users can virtually "dial" from one machine to another over an Ethernet network, establish a point to point connection between them and then securely transport data packets over the connection.

Here`s some more about the PPoE protocol

http://www.javvin.com/protocolPPPoE.html

I do not use it so i will set it on 4

The RasMan subkey stores configuration data for Routing and Remote Access

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasMan]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAuto]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Rasl2tp]

The Rasl2tp subkey stores configuration data for the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) support in Routing and Remote Access.

I am gonna set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAgileVpn]

Agile VPN is a standards based IPSec (IKEv2) tunnelling protocol which provides automatic and seamless switchover of an active VPN connection when the underlying Internet interface (connection) changes thus maintaining application persistence. IKEv2 VPN is available in-box on W7 client and server SKUs and provides the entire feature set available for legacy tunnels

http://blogs.technet.com/rrasblog/archive/2008/12/09/ras-features-in-w7.aspx

I am gonna set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAcd]

Related with remote acces connections..I am gonna set it on 4..

qWAVE provides new features focused on streaming multimedia and real-time content over variable bandwidth networks. These features include the following.

Auto-discovery of end-to-end QOS compatibility.

End-to-end bandwidth estimation of maximum link capacity (bottleneck bandwidth) and real-time available bandwidth.

Intelligent packet prioritization.

Congestion notification.

Flow shaping.

Distributed admission control, including caching to improve performance and minimize latency.

Quality Windows Audio/Video Experience (qWAVE) is the next generation Quality of Service (QOS) platform introduced in Windows Vista.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QWAVE]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QWAVEdrv]

Since i am not gonna use my laptop to stream any
streaming multimedia and real-time content I am gonna set them on disabled

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ql2300]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ql40xx]

Apparently Accelerates Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server Performance.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/QLogic+Introduces+First+2+Gigabit+Fibre+Channel+Adapter+for+VI%3B...-a074566135

I am not using any Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases so is safe to disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Psched]

The psched.sys is MS QoS Packet Scheduler

The Quality of Service Packet Scheduler is a Windows platform component that is enabled by default on Windows Vista® and Windows XP computers. It is, however, not enabled by default on Windows 2003 computers. This scheduler is designed to control the IP traffic for various network services, including Real Time Communications traffic. This component must be installed and enabled if the QoS markings described earlier for audio and video traffic are to be implemented by the IP stack.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870370.aspx

Now this is getting interesting.....By default windows set to use 20% of your bandwidth. This could be a disadvantage for you in the conditions where Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (I suspect is for updates, interrogating your machine and etc...)

Here is the way get it back:

1. Go to start >> Run >> and type "gpedit.msc" (without "")

This will open the policy editor.

2. Navigate to "Local Computer Policy" >> "Computer Configuration" >> "Administrative Templates" >> "Network" >> "QOS Packet Scheduler" >> "Limit Reservable Bandwidth"

3. Right click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and select properties. In settings tab check "Enable" and set the Bandwidth limit to 0 and click apply.

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default and set it to zero."

Here is another way you can implement the same thing, in my computer I tried both these methods and both are work pretty well.

1. Go to Control Panel >> Network Connections

2. Right-click on your Dial-up or ADSL connection -> Properties and under the "Networking" tab

3. Uninstall QoS Packet Scheduler

Or ..Instead of editing the group policy, one can edit the Windows Registry directly:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched

NonBestEffortLimit=0

(DWORD, not present in the registry by default. Recommended: 0 , possible values between 0 and 100) - indicates the percentage value of reserved bandwidth for QoS applications. Set to 0 to disable.

Notes: This tweak applies only to Windows versions that have Qos Packet Scheduler enabled.

You need to reboot for changes to take effect.

And here is a link to an other page that is quite usefull if you do not want to manually edit your registry..

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/109326-qos-bandwidth-reserve-limit.html

or just use this one i made...

CODE

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched]

"NonBestEffortLimit"=dword:00000000

I recommend that you disable or turn off "QOS" system service in windows if you want to use something like Skype. Why? because QOS literally gobbles broadband bandwidth and is totally unneccessary anyway for most ordinary home users.

**QOS (quality of service) is a rather obscur windows service that is only relevant to large business networks or corporate networks were special QOS aware applications are in use. Therefore having QOS enabled is a complete waste of time for most ordinary home users, its not relevant at all and only slows a system down.

**Skype uses VoIP (voice over IP) instead of network packets containing numeric or alpha-numeric data the packets contain audio content instead.

**Probably its worth checking what router port VoIP actually uses and check that your router can allow VoIP packets to pass through the firewall or NAT,etc.

So the obvious setting will be "Start"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ProfSvc]

DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH User Profile Service ( ProfSvc ) SERVICE !!!

Upon reboot a system message appears saying "Preparing your desktop" lasting about 30 seconds...Than you are logged into the Admin account and an other System Message appeares saying:"Failed to connect to a windows service!! Windows can not connect to to the system event notification service.This prevents the standard users from loggin on to the system.As an administrative user you can you can review the system event log for detailes about why the service didn`t respond"

No need for that!!!You know why the bugger did not respond..It`s because you shut it down...

Start services.msc from the console and turn on again the User Profile Service ( ProfSvc ) rebot and all`s gonna be awright.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Processor]

Apparently is the processor driver but as far as i can see it is not loaded as 1 or 0 it is set on manual...I will try to disabled to see what`s gonna happen.All right, i googled some more and the only thing i could find was that is the processor driver neded for a virtual machine running under Virtual PC / Virtual Server

http://blogs.msdn.com/virtual_pc_guy/archive/2005/10/24/484461.aspx

I disabled it with not problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PptpMiniport]

Apparently is neded for VPN`s..

http://rennyslife.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-fix-pptp-miniport-driver-on-xp.html

I will try to disabled to see what`s gonna happen..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEAUTH]

Apparently it is needed for windows media player...People are getting some kind of errors when they are trying to to play DRM protected content.{the Protected Environment Authorization service (PEAUTH) has not been started.This is on Windows Server 2008, using Media Player 11, to play DRM protected content. }

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversationlistcache.aspx?groupid=2158&page=15

Digital rights management (DRM) is a generic term for access control technologies that can be used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyright holders and individuals to impose limitations on the usage of digital content and devices. The term is used to describe any technology that inhibits uses of digital content not desired or intended by the content provider. The term does not generally refer to other forms of copy protection which can be circumvented without modifying the file or device, such as serial numbers or keyfiles. It can also refer to restrictions associated with specific instances of digital works or devices. Digital rights management is used by companies such as Sony, Apple Inc., Microsoft, AOL and the BBC.

The use of digital rights management is controversial. Proponents argue it is needed by copyright holders to prevent unauthorized duplication of their work, either to maintain artistic integrity[1] or to ensure continued revenue streams.[2] Some opponents, such as the Free Software Foundation, maintain that the use of the word "rights" is misleading and suggest that people instead use the term digital restrictions management. T

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Right as far as i can see this is a load of bollocks...First of all you do not really need it ..

You can read more here about DRM...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/DRM/FAQ.aspx

It is mainly used to make sure that the protected content won`t be released/played outside of their country of origin,There`s lots of ways around it..

http://www.geekosity.org/?p=42

http://techpp.com/2009/07/09/top-5-free-vpn-clients/

I will disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pcw]

Performance Counters for Windows Driver

Counters are used to provide information as to how well the operating system or an application, service, or driver is performing. The counter data can help determine system bottlenecks and fine-tune system and application performance. The operating system, network, and devices provide counter data that an application can consume to provide users with a graphical view of how well the system is performing.Applications can also use counter data to determine how much system resources to consume. For example, an application that transfers data over the network could consume counter data from an internet gateway device (IGD) to determine how much data to transfer without competing for network bandwidth with other network traffic. The application could use the counter data to adjust its transfer rate as the bandwidth usage from other network traffic increase or decreases.Consumers of counter data can consume counter data in real time or from log files. Real time data describes the current activity of the computer

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa371643(v=VS.85).aspx

Apparently if you disable it System Monitor and other tools that use the data cannot display it. Instead, when a program requests performance data from the registry, the system returns an error to the program explaining that the Performance Library (Perflib) service is disabled.

Performance counters are monitor utilities that check on the PC performance. These utilities consume system resources and can slow down your computer. Disabling this utility can improve the speed of your Windows .

Ok i set it on "Start"=dword:00000004 with no problems on reboot.But the taskmgr stopped working as expected..Looks like we will have to set it on "Start"=dword:00000000 or to use Exctrlst.exe..

Additionally, you can disable performance counters for a specific service with the Exctrlst.exe utility from the Windows 2000 Resource Kit. This utility disables the specific counter by adding a registry key similar to the example below. You can add these registry entries under the specific counter entry manually if Exctrlst.exe is not available or desirable.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler\Performance

Value name: Disable Performance Counters

Value type: REG_DWORD

Value data: 1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266416

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pcmcia]

Here`s something about PCMCIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Card

If you are a laptop user, consider disabling your PCMCIA card controller located under "PCMCIA adapters." The PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association) slot is a special expansion slot that is rarely used today on laptops except for wireless and wired network cards and card reader attachments for compact flash and other solid-state memory cards. Most laptops now have built-in network adapters, and some even have built-in wireless adapters. If you do not use your PCMCIA adapter, it is yet another device you can safely disable.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Parport]

Seems to be related with the paralel ports..I disabled it with no problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ohci1394]

The Ohci1394.sys driver allocates direct memory access (DMA) resources to transfer the data. Normally these resources are released after the data transfer is complete. If the condition mentioned in the preceding paragraph is met, the Ohci1394.sys driver will not release the DMA resources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_memory_access

We are goin to keep it this way

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nv_agp]

The Nvidia nForce is a motherboard chipset created by Nvidia for AMD Athlon and Duron microprocessors. The chipset shipped in 3 varieties; 220, 415, and 420. 220 and 420 are very similar with each having the integrated GPU, but the 220 only has a single channel of memory available whereas 420 has the 128-bit TwinBank design. The 415 variant again has the dual-channel memory interface, but has no integrated graphics.

I do not have an Nvidia chipset so it is safe to disable in my case

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nvstor]

I could not find much informations about it but i was able to disable it without any problems.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nvraid]

http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/computer-hardware-58/292-guide-installing-xp-using-nvraid.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Null]

Null Device Driver

The Null Device Driver component provides the functional equivalent of \dev\null in the Unix environment by accepting I/O request packets and returning them to the caller.

Null device driver is a for backward compatibility ..That`s all i could find about it..

http://forum.sysinternals.com/topic5892.html

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBT]

Here is gettin really interesting...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751225.aspx

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Anatomy-Nul-Attack.html

[/size]http://puna.net.nz/archives/Hacking/NetBIOS%20Null%20Sessions%20The%20Good,%20The%20Bad,%20and%20The%20Ugly.htm

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Ntfs]

Could not find to much info about this key except for the obvious fact that it is related with NTFS..I am gonna disable it to see what`s gonna happen.After I disabled it i was able to reboot and function without any problems.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nsiproxy]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nsi]

The name service interface (NSI). This interface is used to access information stored by various name service providers, such as the RPC Locator or the DCE Cell Directory Service (CDS) service.
Do not mess around with these two keys...

They are quite important for the internet connection..Also not try to remove the built in dependecy nsi service has (nsiproxy)Otherwise you will not be able to connect to the computer even if you manually restore the values

Last known good configuration will not work....

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Npfs]

Named Pipe File System

Apparently this is an old security risk..

[size="2"]http://blakewatts.com/namedpipepaper.html

Named pipes are application programming interfaces (APIs) for bidirectional interprocess communication (IPC) on Windows. Named-pipe connections provide a high-level interface to network software by making transport-layer operations transparent. Named pipes store data in memory and retrieve it when requested, in a way that is similar to reading from and writing to a file system.

Named pipes are supported for local connections to the database server Apparently they are neded for the database servers..

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v10/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.admin.doc/admin146.htm

When i tried to disable it i got a BSOD...So it will have to stay on 1 unfortunately..I will have to try to get more info on what this one is actually doing...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nfrd960]

Nfrd960.sys with description IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver is a driver file from company IBM Corporation belonging to product IBM ServeRAID Controller.
And here`s a bit on what it does : The ServeRAID™ Controller events provide information about ServeRAID subcomponent failures and the status of ServeRAID operations such as synchronization, logical-drive migration, rebuild, compaction, compression, expansion, verify, and more. For detailed events, expand the ServeRAID Controller node in the Event Filter Builder tree.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=/diricinfo/fqm0_r_events_storage.html

Not much on internet around..I am gonna set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBIOS]

NetBIOS Interface

Provides support for the NetBIOS over TCP/IP (NetBT) service and NetBIOS name resolution for clients on the network, therefore enabling users to share files, print, and log on to the network. If this service is stopped, these functions might be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

Here`s something about the vulnerabilities

http://www.hackinthebox.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1920&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

When i set it on 4 my internet connection failed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisCap]

NDIS Capture LightWeight Filter

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisTapi]

Here`s a bit about the security risks..

http://secunia.com/advisories/24598/

I was able to shut this one without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Ndisuio]

Ndisuio.sys, a very mysterious system file is present in Windows and is a driver for wireless things such as wi-fi and bluetooth. However, there have been many issues with this file downloading immense amounts of data and perhaps causing activity that is "big brother"ish behaviour

http://www.iceteks.com/articles.php/ndisuio/1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisWan]

http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/Business_Solutions/NDIS_WAN/index.html

A lot of blah blah yadah dah and geek talk but what i really find interesting it was this part

"With the NDIS WAN CAPI Driver installed, Windows' Dial-Up Networking can connect to an Internet service provider over ISDN. Moreover, Microsoft Remote Access Services (RAS) can be used with all its integrated features, including PPP Multilink (channel bundling), data compression, call-back, PAP and CHAP."

That`s why i chosed to disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NDProxy]

Here.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559053.aspx

They are all 5 related and you can do the way i did..Shut them all at once startting with NDIS Capture LightWeight Filter and ending with NDProxy..There`s no problems at all..

The only side effect (Right now i have a fresh install and therefore i was able to notice something funny...On reboot when you start IE 8 and IE8 tries to connect to it`s home page you get an "Internet explorer balah can not disaplay this page..However if you type in the bing search field something ...say LOL you will see that the internet connection works flawlessly For some reasont now it takes about one minute for internet explorer to realize that in fact he can connect to the network...I will get back on these keys to see which one of them is guilty for this behaviour... 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NDIS]

Here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Driver_Interface_Specification

If you disable this you will get an BSOD

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NativeWifiP]

Purpose

The Native Wifi automatic configuration component configures, connects to, and disconnects from wireless networks. Native Wifi can store profiles on the networks it interacts with in the form of XML documents.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms706556(VS.85).aspx

I will set it on 4 as i do not use any wireless

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Mup]

The Multiple UNC Provider (MUP) is a Windows service that assists in locating network resources identified using the Uniform Naming Convention (UNC). MUP receives commands containing UNC names from applications and sends the name to each registered UNC provider. When a provider identifies a UNC name as its own, MUP automatically redirects future instances of that name to that provider. Essentially, MUP determines which client the system must use to access the requested UNC name and hands off requests to that client's redirector. The redirector then directs the resource request from the workstation to the device on the network that can provide the resource.

Lots of geek talk..It went right over my head..I am gonna try to disable it to see what`s gonna happen

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks65/?page=/documentation/zenworks65/dmadmin/data/bqipby6.html

I was able to shut it down without any problem at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MTConfig]

Microsoft Input Configuration Driver

That`s all i could find about it ..I am gonna disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSTEE]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa939762(WinEmbedded.5).aspx

The "Sink-to-Sink" capability was required for the Microsoft® Windows 98® platform to enabled the connection of two drivers that each supported only incoming IRPs. This functionality is now performed by other components in the WDM architecture.

I was able to disable it with no problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MsRPC]

Microsoft RPC (Microsoft Remote Procedure Call) is a modified version of DCE/RPC. Additions include support for Unicode strings, implicit handles, inheritance of interfaces (which are extensively used in DCOM), and complex calculations in the variable-length ...It is also an old security risk..As far as i know it has never been completly patched or fixed..

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid14_gci1088904,00.html

I was able to disable it with no probs

Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSPQM]

The Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy component provides the Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy driver in the mspqm.sys file. The ksfilter.inf file is a system-supplied INF file associated with the kernel-streaming device class.

Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSKSSRV]

Here`s a bit about it http://www.imano.com/5_7_Microsoft_Streaming_Services.htm

I am not gonna use it so i will shut it down

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSPCLOCK]

"Start"=dword:00000003..

All of them related...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msisadrv]

Msisadrv.sys is related to ISA Driver ..In future versions of the Windows operating systems, Microsoft plans to discontinue support for the Industry Standard Architecture (ISA) bus. This legacy reduction effort is being introduced with changes to the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems. Microsoft expects to fully remove this support with the next major release of a future version of the Windows operating system. Microsoft has not identified any customer dependency on this support. Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 continue to provide isapnp.sys, but this driver is not loaded by default. As a first step toward completely removing legacy ISAPnP support, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 moved reduced support for ISA devices into the driver msisadrv.sys. This driver preserves only minimal functionality and does not provide ISAPnP enumeration and resource assignment support. Msisadrv.sys contains routines to manage an ISA bridge, such as exporting an interrupt translator interface from the HAL, and is required to support legacy devices still prevalent in the platform, such as PS/2 input devices. Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 will load msisadrv.sys on a PCI-to-ISA bridge device by default. For legacy devices where the platform firmware provides hardware enumeration and resource assignment support, msisadrv.sys will provide the necessary support and these devices will work without issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industry_Standard_Architecture

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/pci/isa-bus.mspx

Ok...I tried to disable this one and as it turned out i can disable it without any problems at all..

Except for the fact that on the reboot the first thing you notice that you`ve lost the keyboard..The mouse still works though...It does not matter what else you`ve lost beside that ..

If as it is my case you have the computer set to require a password at startup you`re royaly screwed because normally there will be no way to input your password and get back to the desktop and modify that reg file that caused the problems.....

Well not really no..because one good thing Windows 7 did is they added the possibility to acces the onscreen keyboard right at THE LOG ON SCREEN now..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mshidkmdf]

This driver apparently supports the Touch and moultitouch features in Windows 7.While it is amazing what it can do i will disable it..I do not have a touch/moulti touch system ..

Windows Touch is the name for the touch and multitouch functionality in the Windows 7 operating system. In the context of Windows Touch, touch refers to support of a single physical contact point, whereas multitouch refers to support for two or more concurrent physical contacts.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/touch

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff553747.aspx

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Msfs]

Microsoft Flight Simulator X compatibility support with Windows 7..You know...it is funny I can't remember Microsoft ever promoting this awensome product...most of the people would not even know that Microsoft comes with

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X&v=Microsoft&uid=&pf=0&pi=3&c=PC%20Gaming&sc=Simulation%20%26%20Driving&os=32-bit

It is also a vital part of the operating system for some reason ..If you set this one on 4 you will get a BSOD..If you do on restart press F8 and chose the "Last Known Good Configuration".That will fix your computer..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msdsm]

Microsoft Device Specific Module ..Here`s a bit from microsoft on what is actually doing...

Windows Server 2008 includes many enhancements for connecting to a Storage Network. One notable feature is inclusion of native multipathing (Microsoft MPIO) inbox. Microsoft MPIO in delivers high availability by establishing multiple sessions/connections from a Windows Server host to an external storage array through iSCSI, Fibre Channel, and SAS (Serial Attached SCSI). Microsoft MPIO use redundant physical path components–adapters, cables, and switches–to create logical "paths" between the server and the storage device. In the event that a device in the path fails, Microsoft MPIO automatically redirects IO to an alternate path for continued application availability. Each NIC (in the case of iSCSI Software Initiator) or HBA (in the case of Fibre Channel, SAS, iSCSI HBA) should be connected through redundant switch infrastructures to provide continued access to storage in the event of a failure in a storage fabric component.

http://blogs.msdn.com/san/archive/2008/07/27/multipathing-support-in-windows-server-2008.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd327492.aspx

I was able to set it on 4 with no problems or whatsoever..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci]

Microsoft Advanced Host Controller Interface

AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) enables native command queuing and hot-plugging through SATA host controllers (Serial-ATA) for your hard drives. In many scenarios it enables more efficient multi-tasking. AHCI provides enhanced features for SATA drives, including native command queuing, (which lets drives accept and reorder multiple commands for performance), hot plugging of devices, and staggered spin up of multiple hard drives at boot time. AHCI mode enables these features but in most cases requires the OS use a special driver, as opposed to IDE mode, which uses the Microsoft driver that's part of the OS.

In addition, some motherboards have a RAID mode, which includes all the features of AHCI mode but also adds support for configuring highly available sets of disks. You should always choose RAID instead of AHCI, as it gives increased flexibility for the future, even if you don't intend to use RAID initially. By choosing RAID mode, you'll avoid configuration problems if you later want highly available disks.

That`s all i could find on internet about it.I was able to set it on disabled with no problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MRxDAV]

WebDAV Mini-Redirector

Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning, or WebDAV, is a set of extensions to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) that allows computer-users to edit and manage files collaboratively on remote World Wide Web servers. RFC 4918 defines the extensions. The group of developers responsible for these extensions was also known by the same name and was a working group of the Internet Engineering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV

Also a security risk although according with microsoft they patched it..Microsoft patches WebDAV security vulnerability in bevy of updates... http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid14_gci1358796,00.html

I disabled it ..No problems or whatsoever..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb]

Master Browser

Under the protocol, every domain on a subnet has a Master Browser. The function of the Master Browser is to manage the other browsers (called Backup Browsers) and to hold the authoritative list of servers and resources available in the domain. Whenever a new server joins the domain, it registers with the Master Browser and tells it what services it provides. Periodically, the Master Browser replicates its list of servers and resources to the Backup Browsers, which service queries from clients.
If the domain spans several subnets, there will be a Domain Master Browser whose job it is to keep the Master Browsers for all of the subnets synchronized. By default, the Primary Domain Controller serves as the Domain Master Browser. However, if something happens to the Domain Master Browser, or any of the other master browsers, an election is held among the remaining browsers to determine which one will be elevated to Master Browser.
The browsers communicate with each other by means of commands called frames. The vulnerabilities at issue here involve the functioning of two of these frames, the ResetBrowser frame and the HostAnnouncement frame.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/fq00-036.mspx

I set it on disabled..I am not on any network...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb10]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb20]

Both of the seem to be part of the Server Message Blocks Protocol

Here`s some considerations on it..

http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-disable-smb-2-on-windows-vista-or-server-2008.htm

I set them all on disabled

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mpio]

Multipath Bus Driver (mpio.sys)

Bus drivers are responsible for managing the connection between the device and the host computer. The multipath bus driver provides a "software bus (also technically termed a "root bus")"—the conceptual analog to an actual bus slot into which a device plugs. It acts as the parent bus for the multipath children (disk PDOs). As a root bus, mpio.sys can create new device objects that are not created by new hardware being added into the configuration. The MPIO bus driver also communicates with the other multipath drivers ( the MPIO port filter and MPIO class driver), manages the PnP connection and power control between the hardware devices and the host computer, and uses WMI to allow storage array partners to monitor and manage their storage and associated DSMs.

Here`s some more on what it does.. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:USzoKQVznocJ:download.microsoft.com/download/3/0/4/304083f1-11e7-44d9-92b9-2f3cdbf01048/mpio.doc+mpio+microsoft+mpio.sys&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mountmgr]

Mount Manager

The Mount Manager component provides the Mount Manager device driver in the mountmgr.sys file, and supporting registry information. The Mount Manager assigns drive letters for dynamic disk volumes and for basic disk volumes that are created after the operating system starts. On an NTFS volume, the Mount Manager also maintains the Mount Manager Remote Database. The Mount Manager Remote Database is used to store the mount points that are defined for a specific volume.

Do not mess around with it..You will get a BSOD.If you do not trust me and you DO mess with it ..after the BSOD wait for the OS to restart and press F8 get into the options and select "Last Good Know Configuration" to repair your OS.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mouclass]

Mouse Class Driver..Pretty self explanatory

The Mouse Class Driver component provides the Mouse Class Driver in the mouclass.sys file. Mouclass is the class driver for the mouse device class. The mouclass.sys file provides an executable image of the Mouclass service. This component also supplies supporting registry information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa940256%28WinEmbedded.5%29.aspx

Do not mess around with this one..If you set it on disabled you will still be able to boot but you would have lost the mouse function plus the touch pad function as well..

You will have to use the keyboard shortcuts to acces the regedit file on the desktop.Here is how: Press TAB until the the selected items moves on the desktop files ..Then use the DOWN ARROW/ Up ARROW/ left ARROW /right ARROW to navigate to the file in cause.Then use the SHIFT+F10 that will open a shortcut menu for the selected item (this is the same as right-clicking an object..modify the regedit file setting it back on "Start"=dword:00000003

Then use ALT+SPACE: This one displays the main window's System menu (from the System menu, you can restore, move, resize, minimize, maximize, or close the window) save the file and then either use enter to merge it or back again on using SHIFT+F10 .

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mouhid]

Mouse HID Driver.. USB Device Class Definition for Human Interface Devices (HID) specification..Translation (The usb mouse driver)

If you set this one on disabled you will lose the ability of using your USB mouse..However you will still be able to use your touch pad..

In my case i let them untouched...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Modem]

I was able to disable this one without any problems...I can still connect to internet.In my case it is ok to disable as i use BT router..In your case you will have to give it a shot to see what`s gonna happen

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\monitor]

Microsoft Monitor Class Function Driver Service

Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MegaSR]

The LSI SAS 9211-4i host bus adapter provides the greatest available throughput to internal server storage arrays through four internal 6Gb/s ports, driving up to 256 SAS and SATA physical devices. This HBA offers dynamic SAS functionality including dual-port drive redundancy and SATA compatibility. Utilizing one internal x4 SFF8087 Mini-SAS connector, the low-profile SAS 9211-4i is an excellent fit for 1U and 2U servers.||The SAS 9211-4i utilizes the embedded CPU in the LSISAS2008 controller to perform Integrated RAID 0, 1, 1E and 10 operations for reliable data protection with high-availability. The result is an ultra-thin, low-overhead device driver communicating over the x4 PCI Express 2.0 host interface. By reducing RAID code overhead, this HBA delivers high-speed read/write performance, making it well suited for medium to high-capacity internal storage applications.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=LSI%20MegaRAID%20SAS%209211-4i%20storage%20controller%20%28RAID%29&v=LSI&uid=&pf=0&pi=1&c=Graphics%20Cards%20%26%20Components&sc=Other%20Components&os=32-bit

A lot of geek talk..Nevermind..I was able to disable it without any problem

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LVPr2Mon]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LVPrcSrv]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LVRS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LVUVC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lvpopflt]

Logitech AudioProcessing Filter Driver

My Logitech web cam softaware drivers..I need them so i will live them on for now!!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\luafv]

This is an interesting one..

The deal with LUAFV.SYS

I noticed that a lot of the people that end up on this blog are looking for information on LUAFV and for some reason it seems there isn't a lot on it. I imagine that people are looking for it for two major reasons. They want to know what it is and what it does or they want to know how to disable virtualization for a certain application. There are some posts that do a pretty good job of describing what it does, but to find them you need to search for "UAC file virtualization". Anyway, i'll try to address all these issues.

A lot has been written and discussed (and flamed) about UAC (aka LUA) but i'll go over the basics one more time. There are a lot of applications that require the user to be an administrator on the machine for no good reason (the same way some online services ask for your home phone number or SSN.. you know they don't really NEED it.. ). This used to be a pretty common thing a while back (I remember even IM applications that needed administrative privileges ?!) and the end result is that the machine is a lot less secure that it needs to be. So it is in some way related to security, but it's not a security feature (though why the icon is a shield is beyond me.. MS must have had some leftover shield icons or something). Anyway, in order to 'fix' this without breaking backwards compatibility MS needed a couple of things:

1. a way to make a normal user elevate to administrator (the UAC prompt)

2. a way to make applications that want to write data (files or registry) to a system location write it to a user location instead

3. possibly a way to 'encourage' app writers to not do this anymore (the unintended side effect of annoying the users should have worked, but people like their scapegoats and so they blame Microsoft and not the app writers..)

4. get all this without changing existing apps!!

Well, LUAFV.SYS is the component that implements the second thing on the list. It silently (the application doesn't know) redirects file operations from protected locations to locations in the user's path. So when the application tries to write it's configuration to "c:\windows\system32\lame_app_config.ini", it is redirected in some directory somewhere under the "Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\" path (i think that's the path, but if you need a definitive answer you need to search some more). It is part of the operating system since Vista and it ships in the box (as far as i can tell, I'm not familiar with all the versions that get shipped) on both server and client.

http://blogs.msdn.com/alexcarp/archive/2009/06/25/the-deal-with-luafv-sys.aspx

Well in case you do wanna disable it .You can do it....I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_FC]

LSI_FC.SYS - "LSI Fusion-MPT FC Miniport Driver"

1.3 Description

The LSI_FC.SYS driver meets the Microsoft specification for miniport drivers.

These drivers allow connection of Fibre Channel including disk drives, CD-ROMs,

and tape drives. To support a different Fibre Channel device types, the Windows

Vista architecture requires that a class driver for that type of device be present

(usually supplied by Microsoft, or possibly by the peripheral manufacturer).

No changes to the LSI drivers are required. The driver supports only Windows

Vista and all subsequent Service Packs.

A Windows application passes SCSI commands directly to the parallel SCSI,

Fibre Channel or SAS Protocol devices by using the SCSI pass-through facility.

This facility allows applications to directly control and access devices by

filling in a data structure and calling into the port or class driver. Refer

to the Microsoft Windows Vista documentation for more details.

http://www.lsi.com/DistributionSystem/AssetDocument/support/downloads/hbas/fibre_channel/software_drivers/windows/Windows_Vista_ReadMe.txt

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SAS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SAS2]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SCSI]

I was able to disable all of them starting from LSI_FC.SYS to LSI_SCSI with no problems at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lltdio]

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Enabling-Network-Mapping-Windows-Vista.html

Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol And here is an article that explains why i chosed to disable it ..The article is about Vista but i did not hear about any fix about it..

Supporting the transportation of address resolution for IPv4and IPV6 packages at the Link Layer, the ARP is vulnerable to a redirection attack through an ARP package signaling address alterations, causing the target host to ignore the intended target of the packets following an attack and to send them to a compromised node. This is possible because of a flaw permitting ARP table overwriting or the spawn of an entirely new entry by the malicious ARP packet. Confronted with a conflict generated by processing an ARP packet and logging in an IP address synonymous to that of the host, Vista will crash the networking stack interface. Neighbor Discovery is susceptible to redirection attacks via spoofed ND replies while the protocol is in the process of soliciting legitimate requests. Such an attack is carried out by exploiting the ND table entries timeout factor and the management of addresses in the Probe phase by the ND module. Both ARP and ND refer to Link Layer protocols and so they are not vulnerable to remote exploitation but are instead limited to attacks via the local network.The Link Layer Topology Discovery protocol is a component designed and implemented to provide topology data related to hosts on local networks. LLTD may allow an attacker to generate source addresses by exploiting a link saturation condition. This would lead to the host creating additional traffic on behalf of the attacker, a scenario often encountered in Denial of Service attacks. Being an undocumented protocol introduced by Microsoft with Vista, LLTD serves as a client program and as a server kernel driver. The last is running by default while being configured on installation and the client component intermediates the generation of a network map at the explicit request of the user. As public documentation of LLTD is non-existent, Symantec was able to identify only portions of the protocol fields, this translating in the impossibility to identify any additional vulnerabilities.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-Vista-Network-Vulnerabilities-31373.shtml

I disabled it with no probs ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\KSecPkg]

ksecpkg.sys..Kernel Security Support Provider Interface Packages

The Microsoft kernel security support provider interface (Ksecdd.sys) is a general purpose, software-based, cryptographic module residing at the kernel mode level of Windows. Ksecdd.sys runs as a kernel mode export driver, and provides cryptographic services through their documented interfaces to kernel components. The only built-in Microsoft provider algorithm that is not supported by Ksecdd.sys is DSA.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204775%28VS.85%29.aspx

If you disable this one you will get a BSOD.."LAST kNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION" will fix that for you..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\KSecDD]

Ksecdd component provides the kernel security device driver. This driver is associated with the Security Support Provider Interface feature of the Windows operating system.

If you disable this one you will be stucked at the windows logo screen...it will not make it to the logon screen..Again "LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION" will fix that for you..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\isapnp]

isapnp.sys......PNP ISA Bus Driver Not much infos on it except that Bold fortune choses to keep this one..??Why I do not know..I disabled it and i have not problems on reboot.

http://www.graphixanstuff.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=9392

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iScsiPrt]

iScsiPort Driver The iSCSI Initiator

In computing, iSCSI (pronounced /аɪˈskʌzi/ or eye-scuzzy), is an abbreviation of Internet Small Computer System Interface, an Internet Protocol (IP)-based storage networking standard for linking data storage facilities. By carrying SCSI commands over IP networks, iSCSI is used to facilitate data transfers over intranets and to manage storage over long distances. iSCSI can be used to transmit data over local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), or the Internet and can enable location-independent data storage and retrieval. The protocol allows clients (called initiators) to send SCSI commands (CDBs) to SCSI storage devices (targets) on remote servers. It is a popular storage area network (SAN) protocol, allowing organizations to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts (such as database and web servers) with the illusion of locally-attached disks. Unlike traditional Fibre Channel, which requires special-purpose cabling, iSCSI can be run over long distances using existing network infrastructure. Here`s some more from microsoft http://technet.microsoft.com/sv-se/library/ee338476%28WS.10%29.aspx

It does not look like i ever need it..I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IPNAT]

IP Network Address Translator. I was able to disable it without any probs at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IRENUM]

Infra-Red Bus Enumerator IrEnum IrEnum, also implemented as a kernel-mode driver, is an infrared bus enumerator. It is loaded as an upper filter if any infrared adapter hardware is present in the system. The main functions of IrEnum are to locate and enumerate any infrared devices in range. After it locates and enumerates a device, IrEnum performs the standard Plug and Play methods of comparing and matching the device-supplied ID with a system-supplied ID. To make such a scenario easy for users to understand and implement, many processes must occur automatically in the background, including:

Phone detection

Correct infrared device enumeration

Correct modem installation

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/WinXP-IrDa.mspx

I am not using any IR devices so I was able to disable it without any probs at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\intelppm]

Processor Device Driver Not much info about it..I was able to set it on 4 without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IpFilterDriver]

Not much info in it.I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IPMIDRV]

http://www.cyberwarzone.com/blog/windows-remote-management

Windows Management Instrumentation Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) DRIVER -Hardware management through the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) provider and driver enables you to control and diagnose remote server hardware through BMCs when the operating system is not running or deployed.

Here`s something interesting about it from Microsoft

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa391402%28VS.85%29.aspx

The IPMI provider and driver enable you to perform the following operations remotely. These operations do not depend on the computer CPU, system BIOS, or the operating system:

* Inventory

One server can survey all the computers on a network, even if the operating system is not running or deployed.

* Monitoring

BMC sensor data or events from remote computers can be monitored either through the operating system (in-band) or by obtaining data directly from the BMC (out-of-band).

* Logging

The IPMI provider gives you access to the events recorded in the BMC System Event Log (SEL). Each event corresponds to a LogRecord instance in the IPMI provider classes. You can view these events through the Event Collector tool, Wecutil.cmd. SEL events appear in the Hardware Events log in the Windows Event log. You can write custom events, such as bug check data and shutdown information, to the SEL

No better reason to set it on 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\i8042prt]

If you disable this one you will not be able to use the keyboard anymore..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iirsp]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\intelide]

I was able to disable them 3 above without any probs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hwpolicy]

Hardware Policy Driver..Could not fing much infos on it ..I disabled it without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcw85cir]

Hcw85cir.sys Hauppauge Consumer Infrared Receiver Here`s somethig on what it does

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/ir.htm

I do not need it. I was able to disable it without any probs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HDAudBus]

High Definition Audio Bus Driver v AKA High Definition Audio Bus Driver v1.0a

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidBatt]

HID UPS Battery Driver..Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidBth]

Microsoft Bluetooth HID Miniport...Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidIr]

Microsoft Infrared HID Driver...Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidUsb]

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff538820%28VS.85%29.aspx

If you delete this one you will not be able to use your USB mouse ,only the touchpad mouse

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HpSAMD]

Hewlett-Packard Smart Array Serial Attached SCSI/Serial ATA Controller Media Driver

...Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HTTP]

...Pretty self explanatory.I do not need it. I was able to disable it without any probs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gpsvc]

Group Policy service GPSVC is a good example of a service that is

unnecessary, if you're not in a managed environment. it serves me no purpose that

alone is reason enough to disable it.But i am not allowed to do so..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gagp30kx]

Microsoft Generic AGPv3.0 Filter for K8 Processor Platforms

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\fdc]

Floppy Disk Controller Driver I do not need it. I was able to disable it without any probs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FDResPub]

Function Discovery Resource Publication...There's not a lot of info available on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service. Based on it's name and description, it is the broadcast side of the Function Discovery Provider Host; It advertises shared resources like disks, printers, scanners, etc. If you aren't networked to other computers, then their should be no need for this, and you can safely disable the service. I do not need it. I was able to disable it without any probs.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FileInfo]

Provides instance methods for the creation, copying, deletion, moving, and opening of files, and aids in the creation of FileStream objects..However i was able to set it on 4 without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Filetrace]

Not much infos on it... i was able to set it on 4 without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\flpydisk]

Floppy Disk Driver..Not many of them around..I disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FltMgr]

Microsoft Windows file system filter manager file.If you disable this one you will get a BSOD

On reboot F8 and go for the "Last Known Good Configuration" to fix the OS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FsDepends]

File System Dependency Manager Mini Filter Driver .Apparently is neded when when you try to create a virtual machine in Hyper-V Manager in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2013544

I do not need it so ..I disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Fs_Rec]

File System Recognizer Driver .Apparently from what i could gather from internet is neded when when you try to create a virtual machine in Hyper-V Manager in Windows. An other function, the most important if you ask me :))) is the capacity of recognizing your USB Flash Drives..Without it you will get one of these nasty errors: "You need to format the disk in drive in BLAH -BLAH: before you can use it ..Do you want to proceed??"

I do need it ...My piece of advice is to let it on "Start"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\fvevol]

BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver Not much info about it...If you disable this one you will get a BSOD..!!! On reboot F8 and go for the "Last Known Good Configuration" to fix the OS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\exfat]

exFAT File System Driver

With Vista SP1 Microsoft has introduced a new file system. Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT) is the successor to the old FAT32 file system. What are the advanatages and disadvantages to this new file system? What are the differences between exFAT and FAT32? When is exFAT preferred over NTFS?

Microsoft has released the exFAT file system with Vista SP1. This file system that previously had been rumored to be released with the original Vista is finally available to the public on a wide scale. This article will explain what issues with FAT32 that exFAT fixes. Surprisingly to many people, exFAT even may be better than the much loved NTFS in some circumstances.

FAT32 is the file system with which most windows users are most familiar. Windows first supported FAT32 with Windows 95 OSR2 and has increased support for it through XP.

FAT32 has multiple issues that modern systems can experience:

- By default windows systems can only format a drive up to 32 GB. Additional software works around this issue. When formatted at these bigger sizes, FAT32 becomes increasingly inefficient.

- The maximum file size on a FAT32 formatted drive is around 4 GB. With DVD and high resolution DVD formats now available, this limit is commonly noticed.

- Dealing with fragmentation and free disk space calculations can become painfully resource intensive in large FAT32 systems.

- A FAT32 directory can have 65,536 directory entries. Each file or subdirectory can take up multiple entries; therefore, FAT32 directories are limited with how many files it can hold.

exFAT was first released with CE 6.0 but will finally hit the mainstream with Vista SP1. exFAT has several advantages over FAT32:

-File size limit is now 16 exabytes.

- Format size limits and files per directory limits are practically eliminated.

- Like HPFS, exFAT uses free space bitmaps to reduce fragmentation and free space allocation/detection issues.

- Like HTFS, permission systems should be able to be attached through an access control list (ACL). It is unclear if or when Vista will include this feature, however.

In the past most power-users of Microsoft systems have opted to format/convert to a NTFS file system instead.

Interestingly enough, exFAT is not used currently for formatting hard drives. It is being recommended in Flash memory storage and other external devices only. This is why it is currently not considered a huge competitor to NTFS on hard drives.

However, exFAT should be a true competitor to NTFS on systems with limited processing power and memory. NTFS on flash memory has been known to be inefficient for quite some time. exFAT's smaller footprint/overhead makes it ideal for this purpose. Of course, only if your definition of "ideal" allows software to be proprietary and not open source.

Vista will happily read FAT, exFAT, and NTFS from flash. ReadyBoost may not work with exFAT formatted flash drives, however.

In conclusion, basically, FAT is a simple system. This limits FAT system by losing efficiency at large sizes, but allows it to run with less resources. The complexity of NTFS increases features but requires more memory and processing power.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2801/exfat_versus_fat32_versus_ntfs/

This is amazing indeed .However i will disable it since i have no use for it on my very old laptop..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\E1G60]

Intel® PRO/1000 NDIS 6 Adapter Driver..Beside that i could not find much info on internet

I disabled it without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ebdrv]

Broadcom NetXtreme II 10 GigE VBD driver

I disabled it without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\elxstor]

Emulex Storport system driver file.i could not find much info on internet..I disabled it without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ErrDev]

Microsoft Hardware Error Device Driver...Remember those times when Device Manager reported an error code, and you were not sure how to resolve it?? It seems that thi is the bugger responsable for isuuing the error mesages...

I disabled it without any probs...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DfsC]

Here`s something from Microsoft on what it does it do..

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179625.aspx

Distributed File System (DFS) Namespace Client Driver

DFS is a Microsoft Windows feature that allows administrators to group shared folders located on different servers by transparently connecting them to one or more DFS namespaces. Using the DFS tools, an administrator selects shared folders to present in the namespace, designs the hierarchy in which those folders appear, and determines the names that the shared folders show in the namespace. When a user views the namespace, the folders appear to reside on a single, high-capacity hard disk. Users can navigate the folders in the namespace without needing to know the names of the physical server or shared folders that actually host the data. DFS also provides many other benefits, including fault tolerance and load-sharing capabilities, making it an ideal solution for all types of organizations.

DFS Terms and Definitions

DFS namespace
A virtual view of shared folders on different servers as provided by DFS. A DFS namespace consists of a root and many links and targets. The namespace starts with a root that maps to one or more root targets. Below the root are links that map to their own targets.

DFS server A Windows-based computer system that has the server components of the DFS system software installed and active and is hosting a DFS root. The DFS service runs on the DFS server.

DFS client A Windows-based computer system that uses DFS to access shares on the network. The DFS client has the client components of the DFS system software installed and active.

I do not think i have any use for it since i am not a corporation and i do not run clusters of servers and stuff..I disabled it with no problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\discache]

System Indexer/Cache Driver

Could not find any infos on it.I disabled it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Disk]

Pretty self explanatory..Still if you do not trust me and you go ahead and disable it you will get an BSOD. On reboot F8 and go for the "Last Known Good Configuration" to fix the OS.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DPS]

Windows Diagnostic Infrastructure (WDI) is a collection of diagnostic tools that can help find the source of many common disk, memory and network problems. In addition, it can warn you of impending failures so you can either react to fix them, or at least save your data while you can. The Diagnostic Policy Service is a component of WDI. DPS coordinates diagnostic modules used in the problem detection, troubleshooting, and resolution process. If you don't find any value in Vista's diagnostic features you can disable this service, though any application that makes use of it may then not function correctly. The Diagnostic Policy Service enables problem detection, troubleshooting, and resolution for Windows components. If this service is stopped, diagnostics will no longer function. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

You are not allowed to modify this value anymore..In windows 7 RC you could ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\drmkaud]

Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers.Pretty self explanatory..In my case i do not need them.I was able to disable them without any problem

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DXGKrnl]

Longhorn Display Driver Model .Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities.Here`s some on the promised delights of the Longhorn Display Driver Model

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/video/longhorn.html

In my case i was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\cdfs]

ISO9660/Joliet File System Reader for CD/DVDs. (Core) (All pieces)

CD/DVD File System Reader

Pretty much self explanatory..It is set on 4 by default and i am still able to see cd`s/dvd`s..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\cdrom]

Do not mess with it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\circlass]

Consumer IR Devices

I do not need it so i disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CLFS]

"Start"=dword:00000000 Common Log File System Driver

The Common Log (CLFS) driver - general-purpose logging service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Log_File_System

i disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\cmdide]

Not much info about it..I disabled it without any probs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CNG]

CNG is first available in Windows Vista and is positioned to replace existing uses of CryptoAPI throughout the Microsoft software stack. Third-party developers will find lots of new features in CNG, including:

A new crypto configuration system, supporting better cryptographic agility.

Finer-grained abstraction for key storage (and separation of storage from algorithm operations).

Process isolation for operations with long-term keys.

Replaceable random number generators.

Relief from export signing restrictions.

Thread-safety throughout the stack.

Kernel-mode cryptographic API.

In addition, CNG includes support for all required Suite B algorithms, including elliptic curve cryptography (ECC). Existing CryptoAPI applications will continue to work as CNG becomes available.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204775(VS.85).aspx

If you disable this one on startup you will be presented with a black screen with a cursor..

I let it wait for 20 minutes to see what`s gonna happen and of course nothing happened.Reboot and on reboot F8 and go for the "Last Known Good Configuration" to fix your OS.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Compbatt]

Microsoft Composite Battery Driver

Pretty self explanatory

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CompositeBus]

Composite Bus Enumerator Driver

ImagePath:system32\DRIVERS\CompositeBus.sys

http://blogs.msdn.com/wpdblog/archive/2009/09/04/multi-transport-devices-in-windows-7.aspx

Looks quite an interesting one so my suggestion would be to keep it on

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CSC]

Windows NT Protocol Independent Client Side Caching Driver

Apparently it has something to do with the slow connection detection that does not occur immediately after the VPN connection is established according to Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934202

I disabled it without any problems at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrFiltLo]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrFiltUp]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Brserid]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrSerWdm]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrUsbMdm]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrUsbSer]

All the values above are drivers for Brother devices..http://www.brother-usa.com/printer/

I do not unse any of them as i do not use any HP So it was all right to shut them down.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHMODEM]

Bluetooth Serial Communications Driver..I do not use Bluetooth so i disabled it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\bowser]

And here some anecdotical stuf from the very guy who wrote wrote bowser.sys

http://blogs.msdn.com/larryosterman/archive/2007/10/16/larry-and-the-ping-of-death.aspx

That`s still does not thell me what the heck this driver do but it was an interesting read..

I was able to disable it without any problem at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\blbdrive]

I could not find any informations about it..I decided to disable it to see what`s gonna happen..

I was able to delete it without any problem at all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\b57nd60x]

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - NDIS 6.0

Pretty much explanatory...I do not use it so i decided to disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\b06bdrv]

Broadcom NetXtreme II VBD

Pretty much explanatory...I do not use it so i decided to disable it .

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\1394ohci]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_controller_interface

I was able to set it on disabled on my laptop without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ACPI]

Microsoft ACPI Driver

The Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) is an open industry specification co-developed by Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Phoenix, and Toshiba. It establishes industry-standard interfaces for OS-directed configuration and power management on notebooks, desktops, and servers. The ACPI specification is available for download from the ACPI website.

http://www.intel.com/technology/IAPC/acpi/

It is a vital part of the operating system ..If you set this one on 4 you will get a BSOD..If you do on restart press F8 and chose the "Last Known Good Configuration".That will fix your computer..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AcpiPmi]

ACPI PMI

The ACPI PMI exposes the power metering and budgeting capabilities of the hardware platform to the drivers that provide the WDM PMI interface.

The ACPI PMI is provided by using the ACPI 4.0 Power Metering objects. These ACPI objects provide an abstraction layer to the underlying technology, such as the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI), which is used for power metering and budgeting by the hardware platform.

The ACPI 4.0 Power Metering objects are modeled after the ACPI Control Method battery paradigm. The system firmware must implement the ACPI 4.0 Power Metering objects. The system firmware must also implement the ACPI 4.0 Power Metering objects. The implementation details are proprietary and specific to each system.

For more information, see ACPI Power Meter Interface.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff543854(VS.85).aspx

I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adp94xx]

Adaptec Windows SAS/SATA Storport Driver - Adaptec Windows 7 SAS/SATA Family Storport Driver - Adaptec, Inc.I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adpahci]

Adaptec Windows SATA Storport Driver

In addition to the SCSIport driver, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and later versions provide Storport, a storage port driver that is especially suitable for use with high-performance buses, such as fibre channel buses, and RAID adapters.
There are several advantages to using Storport rather than the SCSIport driver:

Improved performance, both in terms of throughput and the system resources that are utilized. The Storport driver should also perform on a par with, or better than, a monolithic port driver. Improved miniport interface that addresses the needs of high-end storage vendors, particularly host-based RAID and fibre channel vendors.
All vendors are encouraged to use Storport where possible, rather than the SCSIport driver. Certain restrictions apply, however. Storport cannot be used with adapters or devices that do not support Plug and Play. All DMA devices must have bus-mastering DMA capability, since Storport does not support programmed I/O or slave-mode DMA. Other restrictions apply in regard to tagged queuing, autorequest sense, WMI support, the sort of SCSI inquiry data that devices must report, and booting directly from an adapter's ROM BIOS. .

I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adpu320]

Adaptec .NET Ultra320 Driver

.I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aeaudio]

Andrea Audio Noise Cancellation Driver...If you disable this one you will lose the sound. 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AgereSoftModem]

Agere Soft Modem Drivers Pertaining to HP software .this one has the annoying habbit of loading itself all the time despite the fact that i do not need it...I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\agp440]

I was not able to find much info on internet about it but obviously.I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aic78xx]

Description:

32-bit Driver file for AIC-78xx and AIC-78U2 based SCSI cards and HBAs for Microsoft Vista x86 and Server 2008 x86

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/scsi/windows/aic78xx_aic78u2_vista_x86_v605456_exe.htm

I was not able to find much info on internet about it but obviously.I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aliide]

Apparently it has something to do with Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) optical drives support, such as a CD or a DVD drive...There is a microsoft fix in case they may not be available for you after you start a Windows Vista-based computer.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdagp]

I was not able to find much info on internet about it but obviously I do not need them on my instalation .I was able to disable it without any problems..They seem to belong to the AMD based computers I have an Intel processor ..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdide]

They seem to belong to the AMD based computers I have an Intel processor ..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AmdK8]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AmdPPM]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdsata]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdsbs]

They seem to belong to the AMD based computers I have an Intel processor ..So it was safe for me to disable it

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AppID]

AppID Key

Groups the configuration options for one or more DCOM objects into one centralized location in the registry. DCOM objects hosted by the same executable are grouped into one AppID to simplify the management of common security and configuration settings.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682359(VS.85).aspx

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\arc]

Path \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arc.sys Adaptec RAID Storport Driver

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\arcsas]

Arcsas is the driver for the adaptec serial ata raid

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AsyncMac]

MS Remote Access serial network driver....Part of the integrated Routing and Remote Access service that provides remote networking for telecommuters, mobile workers, and system administrators who monitor and manage servers at multiple branch offices.
Users with a computer running Windows and Network Connections can dial in to
remotely access their networks for services such as file and printer
sharing, electronic mail, scheduling, and SQL database access.

http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-services-remoteaccess.html

Right... this is gettind interesting...They are saying that the default state in Vista/Win7 is Disabled.But in my registry is set on 3 meaning it can be activated anytime somebody actually wants..I am gonna set it on 4 and maybe delete the key as well/

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\atapi]

http://www.atapi.org/

What Is ATAPI

ATAPI is a newer version of the old ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) connection. Where as ATA was exclusively designed for connecting hard drives to the motherboard, ATAPI is made to connect all portable devices to your motherboard including RAM, hard drives, CD-ROMs, DVD drives, and other devices. ATA and ATAPI were invented by Western Digital and the standard is maintained by X3/INCITS Committee. Western Digital was also the first to create Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE), which was the forerunner of ATA. In 2003, ATA was further upgraded to Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) and has since been dubbed Parallel ATA. IDE is the main connection in your computer where as ATAPI provides the commands that allow IDE to work with newer devices. ATAPI is included in the wide array of connections and technology known as EIDE (Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics).

ATAPI cables are made up of 40 separate wires that end in 40 slots on either in that are used to plug into the device on one end and the computer on the other end. Electrical output is transmitted from the device through these wires and into the CPU (central processing unit) where it is converted to information. Naturally, information can also be sent from the CPU to the device. It is a simple idea but time has shown a great struggle in perfecting these wires and improving them over the years to be more accessible and reliable and to make them transfer information faster than ever before. We'll go over the various upgrades of ATAPI later on.

Devices That Use ATAPI

If you have ever opened up your desktop computer to add an extra hard drive, you already know what ATAPI is. ATAPI is the cable that you plug into your hard drive(s). It usually has at least two connections on it: Drive 0 for the master drive and Drive 1 for the slave drive. Your ATAPI cable may be slightly different and include a Drive 2 or even Drive 3 but the basic structure is the same. The ATAPI cable is also used for your floppy drive and CD-ROM drive. ATAPI cables can be used for a wide variety of devices but most other devices have switched to more modern cable systems such as Firewire or USB to be used externally.

I would not recomend to disable it..

These are not intended to be professional explanations but more like a walk trough the process of disabling drivers and services..It is also meant to show you what it will actually happen if you intend to disable some of the drivers and services presented above...
If you follow the above tutorial AND ADAPT IT TO YOUR COMPUTER`S Specific NEEDS .You will end up with an OS that on start up will loand ONLY the necessary drivers and services required ..
Your performance will be increased and overall your computer it will be faster...WAY faster...Put it this way..My 7 years old laptop NecLavie with and slow and tired processor (1200 Mz) 223 MB Ram it is actually a lot faster then the modern computers that nowadays comes shipped with Windows 7..

Below it is my master reg file with all the drivers and services i shutdown...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Audiosrv]
"DisplayName"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\audiosrv.dll,-200"
"Group"="AudioGroup"
"ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,\
00,76,00,63,00,68,00,6f,00,73,00,74,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2d,00,\
6b,00,20,00,4c,00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,53,00,65,00,72,00,76,00,69,00,63,\
00,65,00,4e,00,65,00,74,00,77,00,6f,00,72,00,6b,00,52,00,65,00,73,00,74,00,\
"Description"="@%SystemRoot%\\System32\\audiosrv.dll,-201"
"ObjectName"="NT AUTHORITY\\LocalService"
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Type"=dword:00000020
"DependOnService"=hex(7):52,00,70,00,63,00,53,00,73,00,00,00,00,00
"ServiceSidType"=dword:00000001
"RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,43,00,68,00,61,00,6e,00,67,00,65,00,4e,\
00,6f,00,74,00,69,00,66,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,\
67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6d,00,70,00,65,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,\
00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,\
00,00,53,00,65,00,49,00,6e,00,63,00,72,00,65,00,61,00,73,00,65,00,57,00,6f,\
00,72,00,6b,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,53,00,65,00,74,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,\
69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,00,00
"FailureActions"=hex:80,51,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00,\
00,01,00,00,00,60,ea,00,00,01,00,00,00,c0,d4,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Audiosrv\Parameters]
"ServiceDll"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,\
00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,\
41,00,75,00,64,00,69,00,6f,00,73,00,72,00,76,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,\
"ServiceDllUnloadOnStop"=dword:00000001
;Service name ---> AxInstSV
;Display name --->ActiveX Installer
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k AxInstSVGroup
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AxInstSV]

;Service name ---> SensrSvc
;Display name --->Adaptive Brightness
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SensrSvc]

;Service name ---> AeLookupSvc
;Display name --->Application Experience
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AeLookupSvc]

;Service name ---> AppIDSvc
;Display name --->Application Identity
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AppIDSvc]

;Service name ---> Appinfo
;Display name --->Application Information
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Appinfo]

;Service name ---> ALG
;Display name ---> Application Layer Gateway Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ALG]

;Service name ---> AppMgmt
;Display name ---> Application Management
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AppMgmt]

;Service name ---> BITS
;Display name ---> Background Intelligent Transfer Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BITS]

;Service name ---> BFE
;Display name ---> Base Filtering Engine
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE]

;Service name ---> BDESVC
;Display name ---> BitLocker Drive Encryption Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BDESVC]

;Service name ---> wbengine
;Display name ---> Block Level Backup Engine Service
;Path ---> "C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wbengine]

;Service name ---> bthserv
;Display name ---> Bluetooth Support Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\bthserv]

;Service name ---> PeerDistSvc
;Display name ---> BranchCache
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k PeerDist
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PeerDistSvc]

;Service name ---> CertPropSvc
;Display name --->Certificate Propagation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CertPropSvc]

;Service name ---> KeyIso
;Display name ---> CNG Key Isolation
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\KeyIso]

;Service name ---> EventSystem
;Display name ---> COM+ Event System
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EventSystem]

;Service name ---> COMSysApp
;Display name --->COM+ System Application
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid:{02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\COMSysApp]

;Service name ---> Browser
;Display name --->Computer Browser
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Browser]

;Service name ---> VaultSvc
;Display name --->Credential Manager
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VaultSvc]

;Service name ---> CryptSvc
;Display name --->Cryptographic Services
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CryptSvc]

;Service name ---> UxSms
;Display name --->Desktop Window Manager Session Manager
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\UxSms]

;Service name ---> WdiServiceHost
;Display name ---> Diagnostic Service Host
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WdiServiceHost]

;Service name ---> WdiSystemHost
;Display name ---> Diagnostic System Host
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WdiSystemHost]

;Service name ---> defragsvc
;Display name ---> Disk Defragmenter
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k defragsvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\defragsvc]

;Service name ---> TrkWks
;Display name --->Distributed Link Tracking Client
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrkWks]

;Service name ---> MSDTC
;Display name --->Distributed Transaction Coordinator
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSDTC]

;Service name ---> Dnscache
;Display name ---> DNS Client
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Dnscache]

;Service name --->EFS
;Display name --->Encrypting File System (EFS)
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EFS]

;Service name ---> EapHost
;Display name --->Extensible Authentication Protocol
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\EapHost]

;Service name ---> Fax
;Display name ---> Fax (Look like this is a new service)
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Fax]

;Service name ---> fdPHost
;Display name ---> Function Discovery Provider Host
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\fdPHost]

;Service name ---> FDResPub
;Display name ---> Function Discovery Resource Publication
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FDResPub]
Start"=dword:00000004

;Service name ---> gpsvc
;Display name --->Group Policy Client
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gpsvc]

;Service name ---> hkmsvc
;Display name --->Health Key and Certificate Management
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hkmsvc]

;Service name ---> HomeGroupListener
;Display name --->HomeGroup Listener
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HomeGroupListener]

;Service name ---> HomeGroupProvider
;Display name ---> HomeGroup Provider
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HomeGroupProvider]

;Service name ---> hidserv
;Display name ---> Human Interface Device Access
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hidserv]

;Service name ---> IKEEXT
;Display name --->IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IKEEXT]

;Service name ---> UI0Detect
;Display name --->Interactive Services Detection
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\UI0Detect]

;Service name ---> SharedAccess
;Display name ---> Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess]

;Service name ---> iphlpsvc
;Display name --->IP Helper
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetSvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iphlpsvc]

;Service name ---> PolicyAgent
;Display name --->IPsec Policy Agent
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PolicyAgent]

;Service name ---> KtmRm
;Display name ---> KtmRm for Distributed Transaction Coordinator
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceAndNoImpersonation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\KtmRm]

;Service name ---> lltdsvc
;Display name ---> Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lltdsvc]

;Display name ---> Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
;Path ---> system32\DRIVERS\lltdio.sys
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lltdio]

;Service name ---> Mcx2Svc
;Display name --->Media Center Extender Service (Looks like is a new one)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Mcx2Svc]

;Service name ---> clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32
;Display name --->Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86
;Path ---> C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32]

;Service name ---> MSiSCSI
;Display name --->Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSiSCSI]

;Service name ---> MMCSS
;Display name ---> Multimedia Class Scheduler
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MMCSS]

;Service name ---> NetTcpPortSharing
;Display name --->Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service
;Path ---> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetTcpPortSharing]

;Service name ---> Netlogon
;Display name --->Netlogon
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon]

;Service name ---> napagent
;Display name --->Network Access Protection Agent
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\napagent]

;Service name --->Netman
;Display name --->Network Connections
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netman]

;Service name ---> netprofm
;Display name ---> Network List Service
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\netprofm]

;Service name ---> NlaSvc
;Display name --->Network Location Awareness
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NlaSvc]

;Service name ---> CscService
;Display name ---> Offline Files
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CscService]

;Service name ---> WPCSvc
;Display name --->Parental Controls
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WPCSvc]

;Service name ---> PNRPsvc
;Display name ---> Peer Name Resolution Protocol
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PNRPsvc]

;Service name ---> p2psvc
;Display name --->Peer Networking Grouping
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServicePeerNet
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\p2psvc]

;Service name ---> p2pimsvc
;Display name --->Peer Networking Identity Manager
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\p2pimsvc]

;Service name ---> pla
;Display name --->Performance Logs & Alerts
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pla]

;Service name ---> IPBusEnum
;Display name --->PnP-X IP Bus Enumerato
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IPBusEnum]

;Service name ---> PNRPAutoReg
;Display name --->PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PNRPAutoReg]

;Service name ---> WPDBusEnum
;Display name --->Portable Device Enumerator Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WPDBusEnum]

;Service name ---> Power
;Display name --->Power
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Power]

;Service name ---> Spooler
;Display name --->Print Spooler
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Spooler]

;Service name ---> wercplsupport
;Display name --->Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wercplsupport]

;Service name ---> PcaSvc
;Display name ---> Program Compatibility Assistant Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PcaSvc]

;Service name ---> ProtectedStorage
;Display name ---> Protected Storage
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ProtectedStorage]

;Service name ---> QWAVE
;Display name --->Quality Windows Audio Video Experience
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QWAVE]

;Service name ---> RasAuto
;Display name --->Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAuto]

;Service name ---> RasMan
;Display name --->Remote Access Connection Manager
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasMan]

;Service name ---> SessionEnv
;Display name --->Remote Desktop Configuration
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SessionEnv]

;Service name ---> TermService
;Display name --->Remote Desktop Services
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TermService]

;Service name ---> UmRdpService
;Display name --->Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\UmRdpService]

;Service name ---> RpcLocator
;Display name --->Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RpcLocator]

;Service name ---> RemoteRegistry
;Display name --->Remote Registry
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k regsvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RemoteRegistry]

;Service name ---> RemoteAccess
;Display name --->Routing and Remote Access
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RemoteAccess]

;Service name ---> seclogon
;Display name --->Secondary Logon
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\seclogon]

;Service name ---> SstpSvc
;Display name ---> Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SstpSvc]

;Service name ---> SamSs
;Display name --->Security Accounts Manager
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SamSs]

;Service name ---> wscsvc
;Display name ---> Security Center
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wscsvc]

;Service name ---> LanmanServer
;Display name --->Server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\\LanmanServer]

;Service name ---> ShellHWDetection
;Display name --->Shell Hardware Detection
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ShellHWDetection]

;Service name ---> SCardSvr
;Display name ---> Smart Card
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SCardSvr]

;Service name ---> SCPolicySvc
;Display name --->Smart Card Removal Policy
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SCPolicySvc]

;Service name ---> SNMPTRAP
;Display name --->SNMP Trap
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SNMPTRAP]

;Service name ---> sppsvc
;Display name ---> Software Protection
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sppsvc]

;Service name ---> sppuinotify
;Display name --->SPP Notification Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sppuinotify]

;Service name ---> SSDPSRV
;Display name --->SSDP Discovery
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SSDPSRV]

;Service name ---> SysMain
;Display name --->Superfetch
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SysMain]

;Service name ---> SENS
;Display name --->System Event Notification Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SENS]

;Service name ---> TabletInputService
;Display name --->Tablet PC Input Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TabletInputService]

;Service name ---> Schedule
;Display name --->Task Scheduler
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Schedule]

;Service name ---> lmhosts
;Display name ---> TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\lmhosts]

;Service name ---> TapiSrv
;Display name --->Telephony
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TapiSrv]

;Service name ---> Themes
;Display name --->Themes
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Themes]

;Service name ---> THREADORDER
;Display name --->Thread Ordering Server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\THREADORDER]

;Service name ---> TBS
;Display name ---> TPM Base Services
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TBS]

;Service name ---> upnphost
;Display name ---> UPnP Device Host
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\upnphost]

;Service name ---> vds
;Display name --->Virtual Disk
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vds]

;Service name ---> VSS
;Display name ---> Volume Shadow Copy
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VSS]

;Service name ---> WebClient
;Display name --->WebClient
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WebClient]

;Service name ---> AudioEndpointBuilder
;Display name ---> Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AudioEndpointBuilder]

;Service name ---> SDRSVC
;Display name ---> Windows Backup
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k SDRSVC
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SDRSVC]

;Service name ---> WbioSrvc
;Display name --->Windows Biometric Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k WbioSvcGroup
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WbioSrvc]

;Service name ---> idsvc
;Display name --->Windows CardSpace
;Path ---> "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\idsvc]

;Service name ---> WcsPlugInService
;Display name --->Windows Color System
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k wcssvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WcsPlugInService]

;Service name ---> wcncsvc
;Display name ---> Windows Connect Now - Config Registrar
;Path --->C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wcncsvc]

;Service name ---> WinDefend
;Display name ---> Windows Defender
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinDefend]

;Service name ---> wudfsvc
;Display name --->Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wudfsvc]

;Service name ---> WerSvc
;Display name ---> Windows Error Reporting Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WerSvc]

;Service name ---> Wecsvc
;Display name ---> Windows Event Collector
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wecsvc]

;Service name ---> eventlog
;Display name ---> Windows Event Log
;Path ---> C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog]

;Service name ---> MpsSvc
;Display name --->Windows Firewall
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MpsSvc]

;Display name --->Windows Firewall
;Service name ---> firewall dll
;Path ---> System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mpsdrv]

;Service name ---> FontCache
;Display name ---> Windows Font Cache Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FontCache]

;Service name ---> StiSvc
;Display name --->Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\StiSvc]

;Service name ---> msiserver
;Display name --->Windows Installer
;Path --->C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /V
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msiserver]

;Service name ---> Winmgmt
;Display name --->Windows Management Instrumentation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Winmgmt]

;Service name ---> ehRecvr
;Display name --->Windows Media Center Receiver Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\ehome\ehRecvr.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ehRecvr]

;Service name ---> ehSched (an other New one)
;Display name --->Windows Media Center Scheduler Service
;Path ---> C:\Windows\ehome\ehsched.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ehSched]

;Service name ---> WMPNetworkSvc
;Display name --->Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
;Path --->"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WMPNetworkSvc]

;Service name ---> TrustedInstaller
;Display name ---> Windows Modules Installer
;Path ---> C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TrustedInstaller]

;Service name ---> FontCache3.0.0.0
;Display name --->Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0
;Path --->C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FontCache3.0.0.0]

;Service name ---> WinRM
;Display name --->Windows Remote Management (WS-Management)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinRM]

;Service name ---> WSearch
;Display name --->Windows Search
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe /Embedding
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WSearch]

;Service name ---> W32Time
;Display name --->Windows Time
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\W32Time]

;Service name ---> wuauserv
;Display name ---> Windows Update
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wuauserv]

;Service name ---> WinHttpAutoProxySvc
;Display name ---> WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WinHttpAutoProxySvc]

;Service name ---> dot3svc
;Display name --->Wired AutoConfig
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\dot3svc]

;Service name ---> Wlansvc
;Display name --->WLAN AutoConfig
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wlansvc]

;Service name ---> wmiApSrv
;Display name ---> WMI Performance Adapter
;Path ---> C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\wmiApSrv]

;Service name ---> LanmanWorkstation
;Display name ---> Workstation
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation]

;Service name ---> WwanSvc
;Display name --->WWAN AutoConfig
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WwanSvc]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WmiAcpi]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ws2ifsl]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WudfPf]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WUDFRd]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WIMMount]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Winsock]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WacomPen]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\WANARP]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wanarpv6]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Wd]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\viaagp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ViaC7]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\viaide]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vmbus]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\VMBusHID]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vsmraid]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vwifibus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rimsptsk]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rismxdp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rspndr]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\s3cap]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sbp2port]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\scfilter]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sdbus]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\secdrv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Serenum]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Serial]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sermouse]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffdisk]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffp_mmc]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sffp_sd]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sfloppy]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\sisagp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Smb]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srv2]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\srvnet]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\stexstor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\storflt]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\storvsc]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\swprv]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\ServiceProvider]
"DnsPriority"=dword:00008000
"HostsPriority"=dword:00008000
"LocalPriority"=dword:00008000
"NetbtPriority"=dword:00008000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tcpipreg]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TDTCP]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TermDD]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\tssecsrv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\uagp35]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\udfs]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\uliagpkx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\umbus]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\UmPass]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\usbcir]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\usbprint]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vdrvroot]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\vhdmp]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPWD]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPREFMP]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPDR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RDPENCDD]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\rdpbus]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasSstp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasPppoe]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Rasl2tp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAgileVpn]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RasAcd]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\QWAVEdrv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ql2300]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ql40xx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Psched]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched]
"NonBestEffortLimit"=dword:00000000
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Processor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PptpMiniport]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\PEAUTH]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pcw]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pcmcia]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Parport]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nv_agp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nvstor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nvraid]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Null]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NetBT]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Ntfs]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nfrd960]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisCap]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisTapi]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Ndisuio]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NdisWan]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NDProxy]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\NativeWifiP]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Mup]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MTConfig]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSTEE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MsRPC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSPQM]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSKSSRV]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSPCLOCK]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mshidkmdf]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msdsm]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MRxDAV]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb10]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb20]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mpio]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Modem]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MegaSR]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\luafv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_FC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SAS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SAS2]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LSI_SCSI]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\isapnp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iScsiPrt]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IRENUM]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IPNAT]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\intelppm]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IpFilterDriver]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\IPMIDRV]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iirsp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\intelide]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hwpolicy]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcw85cir]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HDAudBus]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidBatt]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidBth]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidIr]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HpSAMD]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HTTP]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\gagp30kx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Filetrace]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\fdc]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FileInfo]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\flpydisk]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\exfat]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\E1G60]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ebdrv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\elxstor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ErrDev]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DfsC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\discache]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\drmkaud]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\DXGKrnl]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\circlass]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CLFS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\cmdide]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CSC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\b06bdrv]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\b57nd60x]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Beep]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\blbdrive]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\bowser]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrFiltLo]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrFiltUp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Brserid]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrSerWdm]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrUsbMdm]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BrUsbSer]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHMODEM]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\1394ohci]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AcpiPmi]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adp94xx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adpahci]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\adpu320]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AgereSoftModem]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\agp440]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aic78xx]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\aliide]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdagp]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdide]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AmdK8]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AmdPPM]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdsata]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdsbs]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\amdxata]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AppID]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\arc]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\arcsas]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AsyncMac]

IPB

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
jan
post Apr 21 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Processor: Dual 2.66G Intel
Video Card: 8800 GT
RAM: 3G DDR2

Wheww ...

ascooter.gif

IPB

Repeal dont ask, dont drill ...

Gorilla no baka
post Apr 21 2010, 02:30 PM
Post #3

OS: Linux PUPPY 215CE ,Slimmed down Win XP Pro (131 MB) Mac OS X 10.5.2 on my PC Laptop

I told you it`s a long one... laughing1.gif rofl.gif

IPB

bmn1
post Jul 11 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #4

Graphix Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5620

You CAN disable 'fvevol' without getting a bsod , you just need to remove its dependancy from this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

remove 'fvevol' from the LowerFilters key and reboot

ok the problem with this is you wont be able to save your boot settings using ' msconfig '

and if you think of undo this by readding 'fvevol' to the key , it wont work , didnt work for my atleast - got the bsod

maybe this lowerfilters trick might let you disable more drivers. :P

Gorilla no baka
post Jul 12 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(bmn1 @ Jul 11 2010, 05:26 PM) *
You CAN disable 'fvevol' without getting a bsod , you just need to remove its dependancy from this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

remove 'fvevol' from the LowerFilters key and reboot

ok the problem with this is you wont be able to save your boot settings using ' msconfig '

and if you think of undo this by readding 'fvevol' to the key , it wont work , didnt work for my atleast - got the bsod

maybe this lowerfilters trick might let you disable more drivers. :P

Thanks a lot mate..

I will give it a shot...As soon as i will install window 7 again...I way away in Gnome land...

IPB

Fork
post Dec 30 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #6

Graphix Newbie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5814

Hi Gorilla, I had to register to comment on this post. Clearly you spent a lot of time working on this...really a lot. I have to say, this is the best Windows registry tweak thread I've ever seen on the net. Hope you keep working on this and adding to it; I'll be integrating this into my music server. AMAZING JOB

jan
post Dec 30 2010, 08:09 AM
Post #7

Admin

Hi Fork, welcome! cool2.gif

IPB

WereBo
post Dec 30 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #8

Globally Moderate Village Idiot....

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 794
OS: Win-7 (64bit), WinXP Pro SP3, Linux Mint v.16 (Cinnamon) (Triple-boot)
Processor: AMD X2 6000+
Video Card: GEForce GTS 250 (1Gb DDR3)
RAM: 8Gb DDR2 800Mhz

Allo Fork and welcome to GanS

IPB

What part of 'Woof' don't you understand?

Gorilla no baka
post Jan 16 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #9

Thanks a lot Fork...
It all started with Bold Fortune and his Slimming down XP guide...Afterwards i kinda got hooked on it ..
He was the one that started it all...

IPB

jan
post Jan 16 2011, 07:24 PM
Post #10

Admin

Baka .. I must ask ...

I have a disk I have made with a slimmed down XP for computers with very little memory and processor.

I already have the Win 7 Starter Edition for smaller installs but is is possible to have a much slimmer version for pcs with less memory and cpu with Win7?

IPB

Gorilla no baka
post Feb 8 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(jan @ Jan 16 2011, 07:24 PM) *
Baka .. I must ask ...

I have a disk I have made with a slimmed down XP for computers with very little memory and processor.

I already have the Win 7 Starter Edition for smaller installs but is is possible to have a much slimmer version for pcs with less memory and cpu with Win7?

Oh, I am pretty sure it is ..But it will take a Bold Fortune and a MHC and probably two years of hard working to do that..

I only did the services and some of the drivers and it took me about 2 months working 7 hours per day (i did not have anything better to do) and by the time i had finished it ,Microsoft came with new stuff and especially new build in dependencies that prevents you from shooting down the same services that you were perfectly able to do it before their updates thingys..

IPB

jan
post Feb 8 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Admin

Mmm... yes. That makes sense. Aw well, doesnt hurt to ask. lol.gif

How ya been anyways? Havent seen ya in a while. curtianpeek.gif

IPB

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:28 AM